Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion More Uses for Pulled Pork Pix

More Uses for Pulled Pork Pix

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 12, 2013 4:54 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You guys already know I smoked and pulled a butt the other day, and then sammied it:

I'm really going to get a lot of meals out of this batch. This time I'm going to present some taquitos. First, I'm going to prepare the meat. This means hitting it with the carne asada seasoning and lotsa HOT sauce:

I also want to prepare a bed for these taquitos with shredded cabbage mixed with crema mexicana. The crema sure is a soothing heat control.

Alas, this time I cooked them in the oven because I needed to save my fuel for today's experimental cook. So here they are plated on that bed of cabbage with chopped avo on the side and topped with salsa. :cheers:

Got beer???

Post Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am
sroach well done
well done

BC a beauty as always. are those flour tortilla's? and does the oven make them crispy?

from what I know taquitos, they should be a crunch shell right?

Post Sun May 12, 2013 1:43 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
BC a beauty as always. are those flour tortilla's? and does the oven make them crispy?

from what I know taquitos, they should be a crunch shell right?

Why thank you, Sroach!

These sure do look like flour, but they are actually white corn tortillas. I prefer the yellow, but this particular variety is a whole lot cheaper. And you're right about the crispy crunch. To get it crunchy through and through, one needs to immerse the tortillas in oil. I generally do not do that so as to make them a little more wholesome. Consequently, my taquitos tend to be crisp toward the ends and softer toward the middle. I get the same results whether I do them on the grill or in the oven. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Creative with a beautiful plateup. Nice job. 8)

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:

Why thank you, Sroach!

These sure do look like flour, but they are actually white corn tortillas. I prefer the yellow, but this particular variety is a whole lot cheaper. And you're right about the crispy crunch. To get it crunchy through and through, one needs to immerse the tortillas in oil. I generally do not do that so as to make them a little more wholesome. Consequently, my taquitos tend to be crisp toward the ends and softer toward the middle. I get the same results whether I do them on the grill or in the oven. :D

Ahh.. I like it! I always opt for the corn if I can find them in the size I need.

Post Mon May 13, 2013 1:33 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice, and as well as they turned out I'm sure you'll have a grilled version before long!

Post Mon May 13, 2013 3:11 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you, Friends :D

Sroach-- Around here, I can even get blue corn tortillas, as well as these green cactus ones as well. Both are pretty good sized. The blues are a little tender and fragile. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion