Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoked Clam Linguine with White Wine Sauce

Smoked Clam Linguine with White Wine Sauce

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

It's all Sroach's fault everybody... His posts made me realize how much I luv "seafood." So when I spied these wild caught little neck clams, how could I resist, right? Besides, my butt had a loooong way to go. Off to the pit we go with these 7 beauties. They already came quite clean, so I had no need to clean them, and neither did I shuck them so as to not lose any of the clam liquor.

Here you can see them just starting to open...

All opened now... smoked, too:

Let's put these happy smiling clams on a bed of whole wheat linguine with white wine sauce, yum-yum. :D

Got beer???

Griffin well done
well done

You have outdone yourself once again. I could dive into that bowl of pasta.

Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Well, this certainly ups the ante. I'll be clamming in New England next month. Can't WAIT to try this one! SR

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Outstanding, BC! I love a good clam sauce and I'll bet yours was terrific!

if i was your neighbor I would've created a distraction to get you away from the grill, and then rearranged the clams so it looked like they were attacking the butt. :twisted:

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You are most kind, Gentlemen! :D

Steven-- Alternatively, I also enjoy oysters in the shell. Have fun next month! :bbq:

Brad-- :lol: You are a genius!!! Sure wish I had thought of that!
Got beer???

sroach well done
well done

BC,

You're a pearl amongst clams with that dish.. That dish looks so good I am going to have to try that one..

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
BC,

You're a pearl amongst clams with that dish.. That dish looks so good I am going to have to try that one..

Thanks Sroach! You really got me goin' again on this water cuisine thing. I had wanted to grill some trout for tonight, but did not quite make it to the store.
Got beer???

sroach well done
well done

I have to try some trout on the grill, let me know how it goes.. Grif just made some awesome looking trout.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
I have to try some trout on the grill, let me know how it goes.. Grif just made some awesome looking trout.

I've done it before and it's delicious! I slather it with oil and put it directly on the grill without any fish basket or grate. No sticking problems either. What really helps is to cook 'em with the heads on, and that'll keep the skin on. :D
Got beer???

sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
sroach wrote:

I've done it before and it's delicious! I slather it with oil and put it directly on the grill without any fish basket or grate. No sticking problems either. What really helps is to cook 'em with the heads on, and that'll keep the skin on. :D

You'll have to take a picture of how you are serving them? do you cut the head off and split them in to two filets?

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
You'll have to take a picture of how you are serving them? do you cut the head off and split them in to two filets?

Might you know it... I found an old post, but it doesn't show the plated version, only of the fish grilled. Strange too is I could not find any of my previous trout posts with the forum search, but I did with Google! At least you can see here how I grill them directly with the heads on. When I go to serve, I lop the heads, but filet them on the plate after serving. I do look, hope, plan, to do another of these cooks later this week, and I'll be sure to get the plated pic. Meanwhile, here's the link. :cheers:

viewtopic.php?t=19737
Got beer???

smokin'gal well done
well done

Not a fan of clams, but that is a gorgeous looking meal. :D

Return to General Discussion