Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lovely bunch of dry-aged rib eyes (PIX)

Lovely bunch of dry-aged rib eyes (PIX)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I bought this sub-primal on sale for $5.99/lb. around Easter time. Cut off three bone-ins and ate them right away because it was too big for the dry-age bag. They were delicious then. Lest see what 38 days of aging does for these... The bottom three are dinner tonight. I'm going to forgo the typical Montreal seasoning and stay with salt an pepper for these bad boys. I hated to cut the bones out, but I would have only had seven HUGE steaks ... :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

phillyjazz wrote:
I hated to cut the bones out, but I would have only had seven HUGE steaks ... :(

And that's bad why? :twisted:

I remember you posting about this great deal and it looks like it paid off handsomely. As for the bones, hopefully you at least got some beef ribs out of it.

And as always, we'd love to see pics of the finished product, too. That is, since we can't have the finished product ourselves.... :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

sroach well done
well done

+1 Can't wait to see what they look like when cooked. What a nice marbling those steaks have.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

My goodness! :D :drool: :eat:
Got beer???

phillyjazz well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
phillyjazz wrote:
I hated to cut the bones out, but I would have only had seven HUGE steaks ... :(

And that's bad why? :twisted:

I remember you posting about this great deal and it looks like it paid off handsomely. As for the bones, hopefully you at least got some beef ribs out of it.

And as always, we'd love to see pics of the finished product, too. That is, since we can't have the finished product ourselves.... :twisted:

No bones... By the time you cut off the dry "jerky" there is not much left. Anyway, Restaurant Depot sells MARVELOUS beef ribs with tons of meat on them..not like the supermarket "after-thoughts." They are cut to be eaten as ribs. Have a couple of racks in the freezer already. :)

I'll post some cooked ones next time. I was too anxious to eat this one to stop and take pix...
- Phillyjazz -

phillyjazz well done
well done

sroach wrote:
+1 Can't wait to see what they look like when cooked. What a nice marbling those steaks have.

Well, here is a cooked one. The Dome read was close to 700F, so I did these about two minutes per side. Burned all the hair off my hands taking them out, but no biggie :) .

VERY juicy. Typically dry-aged steaks leach NO juice when you cut them. These did not bleed, but were juicier than average. Maybe it was going 30 days vs. 60 or so, but I may stay with the month going forward. The flavor is still intensified, but I LIKE a little extra moisture...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- Phillyjazz -

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You're right - those are really juicy for dry-aged steaks. Thanks for the pics! And now I know what to have for dinner tonight, too - got a couple of bone-in rib eyes myself last night.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Daaaaaaaaayum, PJ...those are perfect! :thumbup:

smokin'gal well done
well done

Nothing like a dry aged ribeye..mmmm....nice job! :)

Return to General Discussion