Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion A different kind of smoked pork chop

A different kind of smoked pork chop

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 08, 2013 1:34 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

wiseguy wrote:
Thanks for the recomendations. I seen them by me but never took a chance on them.

They may not look so pretty raw, in the package, but I sure do hope you get to give them a go, Wiseguy. :)
Got beer???

Post Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Just curious Beercuer. Is that homebrew in your pic? Everytime I look at it I get thirsty. I'm a newbie homebrewer on my fourth batch got some Irish red ale in the fermentor.

:cheers:

Post Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

wiseguy wrote:
Just curious Beercuer. Is that homebrew in your pic? Everytime I look at it I get thirsty. I'm a newbie homebrewer on my fourth batch got some Irish red ale in the fermentor.

Oh, Wiseguy, I sure wish I could brew my own as good as this stuff. That's really cool you're into it. That Irish red ale makes me think of Kilians. Anyway, this is Fischer Amber. Funny, a German brew, but produced in France and imported. But as you can see in this pic, the bottles are most reusable for the home brewer! :cheers:

Got beer???

Post Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
But as you can see in this pic, the bottles are most reusable for the home brewer! :cheers:

Oh boy are they ever. I've got 8 cases of those bottles for brewing (96 bottles in total). :D

Current batch is on hold while I renovate the pantry, but the last batch was an India Pale Ale. Marvelous stuff.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
beercuer wrote:
But as you can see in this pic, the bottles are most reusable for the home brewer! :cheers:

Oh boy are they ever. I've got 8 cases of those bottles for brewing (96 bottles in total). :D

Current batch is on hold while I renovate the pantry, but the last batch was an India Pale Ale. Marvelous stuff.

I have no idea of what an India Pale Ale is like. I always thought libations were a taboo in India. Gots to know though, what is your assessment of the Fischer's, Canada? :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

beercuer wrote:
I have no idea of what an India Pale Ale is like. I always thought libations were a taboo in India. Gots to know though, what is your assessment of the Fischer's, Canada? :cheers:

Indian Pale Ale is basicly a British Pale Ale with a lot of hops. When India was under British rule they would ship beer to the colonist but because of the long trip it would go bad. Since hops are a preservative they started adding more hops to the beer being shipped to India that's where the name India Pale Ale came from. American brewers on the west cost have taken this style to the extreme. If you like hoppy beer there are many brewers on the west cost brewing west cost IPA. My personal favorite is 21st Amendment Back In Black. I never had Fischer Amber I have to see if it is availible in the North East. Sorry to hijack your thread and turning it in to a beer thread.

Post Thu May 09, 2013 1:05 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

wiseguy wrote:
beercuer wrote:

Indian Pale Ale is basicly a British Pale Ale with a lot of hops. When India was under British rule they would ship beer to the colonist but because of the long trip it would go bad. Since hops are a preservative they started adding more hops to the beer being shipped to India that's where the name India Pale Ale came from. American brewers on the west cost have taken this style to the extreme. If you like hoppy beer there are many brewers on the west cost brewing west cost IPA. My personal favorite is 21st Amendment Back In Black. I never had Fischer Amber I have to see if it is availible in the North East. Sorry to hijack your thread and turning it in to a beer thread.

I like Fischer's - and even more so because it's tough to find sometimes. And wiseguy is right on about the IPA. Most India Pale Ales can be quite heavy on the hops (especially the ones taken to the extreme), so they're not for everyone.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CBG-- Thanks for your input. I was hoping you'd like the Fischer's. It can be hard to get around here, too, (and costly as well). I seem to remember a website for home brewers that if you give them the name of a popular beer, they can often supply you with the appropriate recipe to at least approximate it.

wiseguy wrote:
beercuer wrote:

Absolutely no problems here, Wiseguy... thought never even crossed my mind. In fact, I am more than happy to talk beer. And thank you for the info. I intend to check this IPA out. I believe I am probably better suited to extra hoppy beer than to the wheat beers. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
I believe I am probably better suited to extra hoppy beer than to the wheat beers. :cheers:
Hops are your friends. :wink:

Previous

Return to General Discussion