Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Spam Burgers

Spam Burgers

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 pm
Rib-O-Lator medium-rare
medium-rare

The problem with being a BBQ nut is having to deal with 7 conflicting voices in my head. The other day one of the voices (the crazier one) suggested I make a burger with half beef and half spam.
I haven’t had spam for 50 years, so instead of arguing with myself (have you ever argued with a crazy person?) I gave in. After all, i owed it to him since he didn't argue with me when i dared him to play chicken on the freeway in his underwear with a rubber chicken on his head and a sock puppet on each hand. That's a night in jail we won't forget!
So I bought a can of hickory flavored spam and put it through my grinder with 80/20 beef, a little salt and pepper on my wifes and some exotic South African spices on mine.
I cooked them until they hit 145 and then put them on the grill to sear.
I used a potato bun with some horseradish mayo, avocado, slightly grilled onion, tomato, cilantro, and a roasted jalapeno. I then introduced it to my belly and my belly liked. I have to say it was one of the tastiest burgers I have made. (I ate two) Sometimes being crazy aint so bad. "BE QUIET I'M TALKING!"

Bob
206-999-0962
www.ribolator.com

Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I haven't had spam since I was a kid. I don't remember liking it either. :lol: I'd give that a try though. Great creativity!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm
sroach well done
well done

+1 on that. I would try it but not sure anyone else in the household would. Nice looking plate though.

Post Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Interesting idea, ROL! I'd definitely give it a try, and I wouldn't tell the family what they were eating until they were done. :twisted:

Post Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 pm
JD_Smokes well done
well done

Hey now, don't y'all be hatin' on spam.

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I wouldn't tell the family what they were eating until they were done. :twisted:

Exactly. LOL :)
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Post Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

JD_Smokes wrote:
Hey now, don't y'all be hatin' on spam.

Especially the hickory-smoked stuff.... :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Luv the creativity and choice of toppings-- Great job, Rib! :) :bbq:
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion