Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Need to get motivated...should be cooking

Need to get motivated...should be cooking

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 am
JD_Smokes well done
well done

Not sure what it is, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated today. I have a cooler full of meat that I need to prep and cook...full packer brisket, whole pork shoulder, and four racks of ribs. Have a competition coming up in a few weeks and this was supposed to be a test run. Oh well, best get to it. Pics later (unless I truly put this off until tomorrow then there will be pics tomorrow). Either way, pics will be coming. :D
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

sroach well done
well done

Maybe one of those days, can't seem to get my butt in gear either.

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm currently sitting here watching my well-used copy of Office Space. That usually motivates me. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It happens, JD. For me if I can actually take that first step or 2 and get moving it seems to be the trigger.

JD_Smokes well done
well done

Yup, once I stopped procrastinating and started prepping things moved right along. Brisket, shoulder, and ribs all prepped. Brisket and shoulders injected and rubbed waiting for the magic time. Rubs rubbed in EVOO but won't season them until just before time to go in.

Didn't take any prep pics but will get finished products and turn in box pics (hey comp practice requires I do turn in boxes, right?).
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Return to General Discussion