Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weee're Back! The All New Barbecuebible.com Website

Weee're Back! The All New Barbecuebible.com Website

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Greetings, Fellow Grill-Maniacs and & Smoke-o-Holics,

Drumroll, please. It gives me great pleasure to announce the all-new, completely redesigned, totally revamped http://www.barbecuebible.com.

Everyone here at Workman Publishing has worked overtime to build us a new site full of cool features (check out our new Barbecue Wiki, for example), sizzling news, ingenious tips, smart conversation, actionable information, and of course more of the grilling and smoking recipes you crave.

You'll notice we've moved our barbecue board to the home page. Our community is the heart and soul of this website and we want to hear about your grilling adventures, salivate over your masterpieces (post photos, please!), and meet the moderators and members that make this forum so vital.

So check out the new site (click "home" in top left corner). Take a look at the new features. Let us know what you like (or don't) and what you'd like to see in the future.) (And if you see any glitches, please let us know.)

Finally--I want you to to know that I (Steven Raichlen) plan to spend a lot more time on the forum.

Yours in righteous grilling!

SR (Steven Raichlen)

sroach well done
well done

Think the new home page looks awesome, I loved the theme on the forum pages, and thought the home page transition made it more complete.

It's funny, never spent time on the home page looking around before today, are things like the Blog and the Wiki new?

Also Steven did you ever think about hosting podcast on this board and maybe doing them more frequent, maybe adding a way for the forum and other folks to send in questions that you answer on the podcast?

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

sroach wrote:
Think the new home page looks awesome, I loved the theme on the forum pages, and thought the home page transition made it more complete.

It's funny, never spent time on the home page looking around before today, are things like the Blog and the Wiki new?

Also Steven did you ever think about hosting podcast on this board and maybe doing them more frequent, maybe adding a way for the forum and other folks to send in questions that you answer on the podcast?

+1 to all of the above. It's great to hear from you, Steven, and the site changes are awesome! 8)
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat May 04, 2013 9:02 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Great minds think alike.

New site rollout will be an ongoing project. We're definitely planning a regular "Ask Steven" chat. Podcast is great idea, too.

Keep those suggestions coming in (and a few more food photos wouldn't hurt either).

SR

502mids well done
well done

Miss my old squinty eye board

NOT!

This is great, very nicely laid out. I think we'll attract more converts.
Ya gonna eat that?

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great job Steven, Christine, and all the behind-the-scenes people at Workman who don't get as much credit as they should! (we need a thumb-up emoticon right here)

Not only is the new layout outstanding, I think the content on the home page has reached an all-time high in terms of quality!! :wink: :lol:

JD_Smokes well done
well done

Agreed about the layout. While I always thought the old format was very reminiscent of grill/fire/charcoal based on the color scheme, I have to admit this larger, lighter themed board is much easier to read. Kudos to all on the changes.
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Return to General Discussion