Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoked Pork Meatloaf with Gravy Comfort

Smoked Pork Meatloaf with Gravy Comfort

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Cry with me Friends. My Lakers suffered a humiliating defeat in the playoffs. I needed a comfort food. So I turned to that old classic meatloaf. However, this one be done with ground pork rather than beef. Price was pretty good at about $2 per pound, as you can see on the packaging here (I actually had two pounds total):

I just took your classic recipe and added some veggies like chopped red bell pepper, celery, and onion. I opted to smoke it this time with hickory via side fire box, rather than in the main chamber.

Well, I'm sure ready to plate this smoky beast now. Of coarse comfort loaf requires the traditional comfort sides-- mashed taters and peas and carrots.

And we must not forget the all important gravy! Oh, I felt I could have eaten the whole loaf, it was so tasty. :D

Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

As good as the meatloaf looks I believe I could make a meal out of the potatoes and gravy alone! :wink:

Griffin well done
well done

Looks fantastic. I wish I could say I feel your pain, but I don't. :wink:

Lakers Timeline:

Off-season: We are going 73-9
Preseason: Goes Winless, Its only Preseason
First 5 games: Mike Brown's fault
End of the Season: Mike D'antoni's fault
Playoffs: Injury

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Once again I'm glad I had lunch before I read this post - otherwise I'd have been too darn hungry and would have spent too much on lunch. :twisted:

Excellent job, beercuer - smoked meatloaf is comfort food enough but when you add the gravy and sides it's unbeatable.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

sroach well done
well done

BC,

I was sure happy with the 4th picture till you hit me with the 5th picture (gravy) I'm a big fan of that dish..

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Many thanks, Guys. :D

Brad-- Glad you liked the taters too. We have a store here called "Smart & Final" which we affectionately call "Fart & Smile," and somehow they supply the best ones in town-- simply the best.

Griff-- I don't find much consolation in that, brother, even though you're right. I don't know what kind of wild hair got up management's behind, but I knew the writing was on the wall ever since they dumped Lamar Odom.

CBG and Sroach-- I was so delighted the first time I tried gravy after going through all the other condiments from catsup to BBQ to pizza sauce. Then I decided to customize the dressing with the type of loaf. For example, I have a German style loaf that includes rye bread crumbs, saurkraut, caraway seeds, and beef knockwurst that luvs to be bathed in mustard. :D
Got beer???

Griffin well done
well done

Really? Lamar didn't do anything for the Mavs. The fans (me included) were happy to see him go.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Really? Lamar didn't do anything for the Mavs. The fans (me included) were happy to see him go.

Sure won't argue with you about Odom's performance with the Mavs. But it was quite the different story with the Lakers. He was the essential glue of the team, the one who made Gasol perform at his best, and was rebounding champion nothing since the likes of Rodman. He had it all, could do anything, (except glory hog).
Got beer???

BuckeyeRob rare
rare

Wow!! That looks amazing!! Nice smoke ring on that 'loaf!
Rob

"Vegetarian: an old Indian word for bad hunter"

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you most kindly, Rob :D
Got beer???

tex_toby well done
well done

I feel comforted. :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

tex_toby wrote:
I feel comforted. :)

:lol: Good one, Toby!-- Thank you.
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

I'm glad the gravy wasn't "smurf" colored this time! :lol: :lol: Looks faaaaantastic!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Dyal_SC wrote:
I'm glad the gravy wasn't "smurf" colored this time! :lol: :lol: Looks faaaaantastic!

OK - now that one needs an explanation, or at least a link to the original thread it was on.... :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
Dyal_SC wrote:

OK - now that one needs an explanation, or at least a link to the original thread it was on.... :twisted:

As requested... :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23622
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Next

Return to General Discussion