Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Look & Features for BarbecueBible.com!

New Look & Features for BarbecueBible.com!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 am
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Christine Porretta, the new community manager for BarbecueBible.com. I'm thrilled to join the forum, to be a part of the conversations here, and to share my own grilling stories.

You'll also soon hear from Steven Raichlen, who will be regularly checking in on the board to share advice and talk to you. Steven and I also want to share some exciting news.

We're about to roll out a new look and feel for BarbecueBible.com. Don't worry, the forum will look the same, but the rest of the site will get a face-lift, and we will be publishing more content on a regular basis as well. Plus, we'll also include some community features, such as profiles with active members. We want to involve you in more areas of the website!

Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect. This is a sample, attached, showing what the recipe pages will look like on the updated site. (Please keep in mind that it's not a real recipe. The copy that is on this sample page is just used for illustrative purposes.) Let us know what you think!

~Christine
Attachments
SampleRecipePage.jpg
SampleRecipePage.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 602 times

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Hi Christine! :D

Delighted to meet you and welcome! Thank you for sharing the news. I'm also really hoping we see a new batch of additional assorted emoticons.
Got beer???

christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks for the welcome! ScreamingChicken told me about the emoticons you all would like, and I'm going to inquire if we can get them. I can't make any promises yet, but I want you to know that I'm working on it, and will keep you all posted!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

christinebbqb wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! ScreamingChicken told me about the emoticons you all would like, and I'm going to inquire if we can get them. I can't make any promises yet, but I want you to know that I'm working on it, and will keep you all posted!

Whoohoo!!! Regardless of results, I sure do appreciate the effort Christine!

ImageImageImageImage
Got beer???

Welcome, Christine.
Perhaps we can also get a Latin dictionary with the emoticons :lol:

sroach well done
well done

Hi Christine,

The new site preview looks awesome, inline with the forum look.

Can't wait.

Return to General Discussion