Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Woo Doggie! Pics

Woo Doggie! Pics

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:28 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2287
Location: Southern Californy
This is my first hotdog in over a year and a half. So I was a little bit nervous about trying one again. I decided to make my Woo Doggie! this time. Here are the ingredients:

Image

Set to go, so let's head out to the pit and hot smoke these with hickory. Gotta luv smoky bacon dogs. Interestingly, the LA area has adopted bacon wrapped dogs as its official signature dog.

Image

Image

What do you say we go deluxe and decadent with this one. We better break out the extra grande tortillas for this one. And let's start hitting it with globs of yellow mustard and chopped red jalapenos.

Image

Perhaps add some Wolf's chili (Texas approved Griff!) and onions.

Image

And top it all off with cheddar chunks and crumbled Frito's corn chips.

Image

Let's roll it up and plate it. BBQ tater chips and more corn chips in the background, drizzled with more chili. Woo Doggie!-- Where's the game?! :D

Image

Image

Image
Got beer???

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:12 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

Posts: 1541
Location: Seattle, WA
That's some heart clogging goodness right there. Excellent. :D

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:05 am
Griffin well done
well done

Posts: 3312
Location: Dallas, Texas

Oh my! :shock: That is some nice lookin' grub, beercuer, 'cepting you 'sposed to get the chili without beans. :wink: I'm kind of shocked to see that they sell bacon wrapped hot dogs. How hard is it to wrap bacon around a hot dog? Still, I bet they are banking off that product.

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Posts: 3712
Location: Lexington, SC
Daaang!! Looks real good, BC! Mmmmm, you used the real authentic kinda chili....not that meat stew stuff. ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Image

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7504
Location: Stoughton, WI
That's a major league chili dog right there!

Now that I think about it, a loaded chili dog in a bun is usually a pain to eat because the bun doesn't do a good job keeping everything together. Wrapping the works in a tortilla creates a much better package!

Incidentally, around here a "chili dog" can use chili with or without beans but a "coney dog" always uses a beanless chili (coney sauce).

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1166
Location: Warrington, PA
Insane.. can I come over for one or two of those? :lol:
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 pm
Old Smoker well done
well done

Posts: 1247
Bacon wrapped dogs already wrapped? :shock: the end results look pretty interesting, scary but interesting. Bet it tasted pretty darn good though.
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:29 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2287
Location: Southern Californy
Thank you most kindlly, everyone!

SG-- You're not kidding, heart clogging. I'm feeling so "guilty" right now. :oops: :lol:

Griffin-- You mean it's not good enough that the can reads "Authentic Texas Recipe?" :wink: Just remember the poem:

Beans, beans, the magical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better you feel,
So eat beans at every meal! -- Author unknown to me

Far be it from me if someone wants to give me free bacon with my doggies to turn 'em down. Especially when it's my favorite regional brand anyway. LA is taking great pride in their adopted style, and this is the same brand that the world famous "Pink's" in Hollywood uses.

Dyal-- :lol: "meat stew"

SC-- I like that!-- "major league" I do so appreciate how user friendly the tortillas are. One can wrap a whole feast in one.

Sroach-- I'd just luv to see you put down two of these!

OS-- Oh yes, ever since LA made the bacon wrap its offical dog, Business have found their way to fill the niche.
Got beer???

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1166
Location: Warrington, PA
beercuer wrote:
Sroach-- I'd just luv to see you put down two of these!



No a bad way to go out.. :twisted:
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:25 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2287
Location: Southern Californy
sroach wrote:
beercuer wrote:
Sroach-- I'd just luv to see you put down two of these!



No a bad way to go out.. :twisted:


:lol: We could take aspirin before the meal.
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Posts: 1791
Location: Van Alstyne, Texas

YESSSS! I want 2....I mean 5! WOOO doggie is right.

So why is it your first dog in over a year? You are the hotdog master?!?
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2287
Location: Southern Californy
tex_toby wrote:
YESSSS! I want 2....I mean 5! WOOO doggie is right.

So why is it your first dog in over a year? You are the hotdog master?!?


Thank you for your most kind words, Toby. The reason it has been so long since I've indulged is because the last one put me on my death bed. I was in the hospital about 3 weeks, and I suffered kidney damage. Consequently, I've been convalescing since then. :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Posts: 1791
Location: Van Alstyne, Texas

beercuer wrote:
tex_toby wrote:
YESSSS! I want 2....I mean 5! WOOO doggie is right.

So why is it your first dog in over a year? You are the hotdog master?!?


Thank you for your most kind words, Toby. The reason it has been so long since I've indulged is because the last one put me on my death bed. I was in the hospital about 3 weeks, and I suffered kidney damage. Consequently, I've been convalescing since then. :D


I'm scared to ask what kind of dawg could do that kind of damage...
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:05 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2287
Location: Southern Californy
tex_toby wrote:
I'm scared to ask what kind of dawg could do that kind of damage...


Only a pit bull, Toby. No, really, it was a store bought generic, all pork with natural casings. I suppose I didn't help out matters much when I spent at least a full week of everyday puking my guts out and getting dehydrated. Someone finally called an ambulance on me and took me by surprise. They got me just in time. So for anyone out there who feels like they've ingested tainted food, please consider keeping your water intake up and getting on antibiotics asap, especially if you've gone a couple days.
Got beer???

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5869
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
beercuer wrote:
tex_toby wrote:
I'm scared to ask what kind of dawg could do that kind of damage...


Only a pit bull, Toby. No, really, it was a store bought generic, all pork with natural casings. I suppose I didn't help out matters much when I spent at least a full week of everyday puking my guts out and getting dehydrated. Someone finally called an ambulance on me and took me by surprise. They got me just in time. So for anyone out there who feels like they've ingested tainted food, please consider keeping your water intake up and getting on antibiotics asap, especially if you've gone a couple days.


+1 on that. I've had a few attacks of food poisoning over the past 20 years (though none of it from my own cooking) and two of those resulted in trips to the hospital. A trip to the doctor before it became more serious would have saved a lot of grief.

Oh - and only one of those food poisonings was due to a hot dog. Potato salad is a bigger culprit. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Next

Return to General Discussion