Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What Is Your Favorite BBQ Sportsfood Poll?

What Is Your Favorite BBQ Sportsfood Poll?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
tex_toby well done
well done

Wangs! :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

So far, looks to me like we're starting to trend toward wangs!
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:

"Starting to" is right. Here's my vote for wings as well - they're my first choice. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
beercuer wrote:

"Starting to" is right. Here's my vote for wings as well - they're my first choice. :D

No wonder then all these pizza chains got started offering wings on their menus for delivery. :D
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
beercuer wrote:

No wonder then all these pizza chains got started offering wings on their menus for delivery. :D

True, but a lot of them don't quite get it "right". Breaded, deep-fried wings covered in Frank's Red Hot or some commercial "wing sauce" are OK but they'e not too memorable. :twisted:

Speaking of which - my team and I went out last night for a "safety meeting" after work to one of those joints that serves "40 different varieties of wings" and we tried a platter of all 40 types. The entire group agreed that they should've stuck to half a dozen types, because the rest of them were pretty awful.

Most weren't even crispy, and about 20 of them were rubbery, steamed wings covered in several insipid variants of tomato or barbecue sauce. Even the "burn-your-face-off" and "inferno" wings they served didn't live up to their names - they were hot, but not blazing hot, and they had no real taste otherwise. And less than a third of the wings had been within 20 feet of a grill.

This is why I love the Buffalo Wings recipe in Steven's books. Smoked, grilled or otherwise, that sauce is tough to beat. And put a tablespoon or two of a good habanero sauce in there and you're talking about serious heat and taste. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Previous

Return to General Discussion