Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Official Sroach Dodge Deluxe Burger (Retitled)

The Official Sroach Dodge Deluxe Burger (Retitled)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Tonight was one of those nights I just had to work with what I had. What I had was the need to think outside the bun. Seems like I have an inexhaustible supply of Mexican ingredients as well as a hamburger paddy. So here we go. Thought I'd marinate the ground chuck paddy with light olive oil, aged balsamic, and worsester sauce:

Out to the pit we go, where I cooked it indirect under the influence of mesquite

Dusted it with good ol' Chef Merito's carne asada seasoning (You already know how much I wuvs that stuff).

I could have eaten it right here as it is:

But I had bigger (much bigger) plans in mind. While the paddy was smokin', I broke out the extra grande size tortillas and began building. First, some chopped salad, onions, and red jalapenos.

Then salsa, queso fresco, and crema mexicana

Lastly the paddy:

I wrapped it all up first in one tortilla, then inverted and wrapped again with another tortilla. Here is a cross sectional view. Sorry about the pics-- Appears like I somehow smeared my lens. My taste buds went wild over the flavors of this burger. :D

Edit Note:

Since Sroach and I are in solidarity about the desirability of a D.o.d.g.e. (Drips oil, drops grease everywhere) burger, I hereby officially declare this one the "I made it for Sroach burger," or alternatively the official "Sroach Dodge Deluxe Burger."
Last edited by beercuer on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A most impressive collection of flavors! But my favorite part is how the marinade makes it look like you're grilling a brain - next time serve it with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :twisted:

Incidentally, lens cleaning tissue is getting harder to find. Granted, a package of 50 sheets can last a long time (my last purchase was probably over 20 years ago) but I was surprised that when I went to buy some more not too long ago I had to settle for a lens cloth instead. At least I can still mail-order it from B&H...

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:52 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
A most impressive collection of flavors! But my favorite part is how the marinade makes it look like you're grilling a brain - next time serve it with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :twisted:

Incidentally, lens cleaning tissue is getting harder to find. Granted, a package of 50 sheets can last a long time (my last purchase was probably over 20 years ago) but I was surprised that when I went to buy some more not too long ago I had to settle for a lens cloth instead. At least I can still mail-order it from B&H...

:lol: You're right, Brad-- that does look like a brain! Honestlly and no kidding, I did enjoy a nice chianti with that meal! But I guess Anthony Hopkins would not be satisfied without the fava beans... slirp.

I've gotten some really good deals at B&H, including computer parts. Thanks for the tip. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 am
Griffin well done
well done

I was thinking the same thing about the brains. Looks tasty. Seems like you've been on a bit of a wrap kick lately. I wouldn't worry about the smeared lens thing. It seems to happen around delicious food. :wink:

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes - it looks delicious indeed!

One of the ways I found to really combat smeared lenses was to buy a UV filter for my lenses. That way, at least I'm cleaning a smeared filter, not a smeared lens.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks Griff and CBG :D

Griffin-- I hear ya... What happens around here is that the food I have determines what I cook. And the grocery stores determine what I buy. Whatever they got good on sale, I get for the most part. Then I think of it as my chemistry play lab. :lol:

CBG-- That is a brilliant idea about the UV filter!
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:13 pm
sroach well done
well done

cuer,

I like a little pink in my burger, but I got to say you have some awesome look char on the outside.. Well done my friend.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
cuer,

I like a little pink in my burger, but I got to say you have some awesome look char on the outside.. Well done my friend.

Thank you most kindly, Sroach!

If only I were more brave, I could go for some pink, too. I can say at least that the burger was still juicy and tender. It was true D.o.d.g.e. style-- Drips oil, drops grease everywhere. :lol:
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:

If only I were more brave, I could go for some pink, too. I can say at least that the burger was still juicy and tender. It was true D.o.d.g.e. style-- Drips oil, drops grease everywhere. :lol:

The very best kind!!! if it's not running down your hand it's no good :-)

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice cook, Hannibal Lecter!! :lol: I thought it was a brain at first too. Looks delicious!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Very inventive! I'd eat that - no problemo!
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Once again, thanks fellas! :D

Sroach-- Whoohoo! I'm in great company then.

Dyal-- Hannibal Lecter?-- It all started with your "hot legs." :lol:

Toby-- I could have even named this my "Kitchen Sink" burger :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 am
sroach well done
well done

beercuer wrote:

You could name it "I made this for sroach burger" I would be a happy man..

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
beercuer wrote:

You could name it "I made this for sroach burger" I would be a happy man..

Done, my friend. I included an edit note at the bottom of my original post. :D
Got beer???

smokin'gal well done
well done

I'm liking this D.O.D.G.E. style. Excellent cook Beercuer. 8)

Next

Return to General Discussion