Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Mesquite Chicken Taquito Feast What's Fishy

Mesquite Chicken Taquito Feast What's Fishy

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Had some pulled chicken breast from a recent cookout, and thought I'd hack away some more at all the Mexican ingredients I've had at hand. So I rolled up some taquitos in corn tortillas. I didn't oil up the tortillas so as to shave a few calories and make the meal a tad more wholesome. Got the mesquite going.

Piled 'em high with all the usual ingredients, except this time you get to see the orange from the tree in my backyard. Taquitos done on the barbie are so good! :D

Now this isn't BBQ, but I just have to share it with you anyways-- When is the last time you've had a sardine sammie? Well, here's one just for you. Lettuce, tomatoes, cottage cheese, and sardines in hot sauce with a mustard spread. At least it's a little different from the current theme I've been running on :D

Got beer???

Griffin well done
well done

You have been one busy bee, beercuer. Cranking out dish after dish of amazing looking food. Simply incredible. Another great meal for sure.

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

That looks very good.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice way to make use of leftovers, BC.

But I've never been a big sardine fan, so I'll trade my sandwich for another taquito. :wink:

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Wow!!!! Now THAT is impressive!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you guys, very very much! :D I find that the mesquite nuance sure takes it up a notch over cooking them indoors.
Got beer???

sroach well done
well done

Cuer,

Awesome, is it only chicken in the Taquito?

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

sroach wrote:
Cuer,

Awesome, is it only chicken in the Taquito?

Sroach, this time it was only chicken because I had so many other possible additions already external in the meal. Sometimes, if I have just guacomole and hot sauce and crema, I usually include something like chopped onions and cilantro. Funny though..., I'm inclined to say there's also mesquite in there. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion