Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My new helper and a Tri-tip

My new helper and a Tri-tip

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:48 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Today is the first day I've had the chance to start a fire in either of my grills for quite some time. Work has been getting in the way of the fun stuff :evil: I guess it is better to be very busy than not having work at all. Anyway, I picked up a tri-tip and some corn on the cob for cooking today. Here is the tri-tip in the marinade which is the McCormicks Meat Marinade along with the rub from the meat market:

Getting a quick sear on the meat:

And here is my new helper. Some of you are aware that we ended up putting down one of our Boxers last month due to cancer. We are very fortunate to have been able to rescue another one and his name is Hans.......They think he is about 8 years old and has had a very tough time up to this point. He sure is a loveable guy.....

Searing the other side:

132 degrees and ready to rest

I forgot to take pics before getting to the table, but this gives you and idea

For some reason, this one doesn't show until you click on it......sigh....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:57 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good-looking tri-tip, Jimmy!

In that one pic, it almost looks like your new helper is a bit sad because he's been waiting too long for dinner. He sure is cute, though - thanks for the pics! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good on you for the rescue, Jimmy! Too bad it took so long for Hans to find a good home.

And the tri-tip looks perfect!

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Excellent looking tritip, Jimmy! And with Hans, what's not to luv?! I see that he looks both friendly and authoritative at one and the same time. Ain't it nice to have a pit boss? :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Thanks guys! Hans really is a welcome addition and I'm awfully glad to have him with us. As for the Tri-tip, it really was gooooooooooooooooooooood :D :D I really wish I had more time to cook, and to post, but with the amount of time I am putting in at work, it really is hard :cry: :cry: I'm hoping things will slow down later on in the year where I can spend more time around the smoker with dogs....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking meal and good on you for giving that guy a loving home. I'm sure he'll be a great lil helper.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:18 pm
sroach well done
well done

Looks like Hans can finish off the tip on his own..

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great looking cook and cute pooch! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Griffin, sroach, and Dyal,

Once again, thanks! I'm hoping things will slow down a bit at work so I can spend some more time cooking and participating on the forums. Of course, I also want to spend more time with the dogs as well. And by the way, I took some of the Tri-tip in for lunch today and it was good.......
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Return to General Discussion