Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Poll: Sticky Thread Reorganization/Removal

Poll: Sticky Thread Reorganization/Removal

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
What changes to the Sticky threads would you like to see?

Poll ended at Tue May 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Member Recipes (Move to FAQs board and rename that board to "FAQs and Recipes")
7%
The Char-Griller Family (rename to "Char-Griller/Offset Cookers")
8%
Homemade Barrel Cookers (rename to "UDS/Homemade Barrel Cookers")
8%
Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons (Unstick)
12%
Charcoal Sales (Unstick)
12%
How do you experiment? (Unstick)
11%
Video event Tuesday, April 24 (Unstick)
12%
New England area 2012 festivals (Unstick)
13%
Usernames: what does yours say about you? (Unstick)
9%
Tree Identification (Move to "FAQs and Recipes")
11%

Total votes : 120

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The moderators have been planning to add a few new sticky threads, but to do that we need to "unstick" a few of the existing ones and possibly rename or move some others.

This is the first of two polls coming out this week. The second poll for new sticky threads will be for new additions and it will be posted in a few days.

We've decided to ask for the input of the members so just check off the changes you would like to see. This is a new Poll option on the new board software, and we're testing it to see how well it works for the board. Hopefully it will be easier than posting 10 individual polls. There are a maximum of 10 poll entries, though, so the moderators have limited these to what we feel are the best changes. We can always make other improvements later on, too.

Once the poll is closed we will use the results to decide what changes to make. Thanks!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm
Old Smoker well done
well done

I think you're off to a good start, how do you feel about taking suggestions from the members for different stickys or additions to grouped stickys and maybe polling them down the road? Does the info page when you first register ask what kind of smokers or grills you have or use so that it may be automatically show up like the members name and location?
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Old Smoker wrote:
I think you're off to a good start, how do you feel about taking suggestions from the members for different stickys or additions to grouped stickys and maybe polling them down the road? Does the info page when you first register ask what kind of smokers or grills you have or use so that it may be automatically show up like the members name and location?

I don't think the info page has anything like that and I'm not sure if it would be possible - it might involve another major redesign of the board or the signup form. We can check with the Admins, but the grills currently posted in members signatures are ones they have added themselves by updating their signatures.

As for polls further down the road, that's a definite. We used to do these on a regular basis, actually, so expect more in the future. Some of our previous polls were to do with changes to the board, but others were just general information (like one we had on "How many of Steven's books do you own?").
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So far, so good! 16 days to go.

I'll be posting another sticky poll very soon for threads we want to add as well. It may be a bit simpler.

JD_Smokes well done
well done

I am a full supporter of cleaning up those sticky threads. They do add value in terms of info, but having to scroll a half page to find the first daily threads is clearly not user friendly. Good call on the clean up. One option might be to move the dedicated threads (CG, Weber, UDS, etc) to another area or even unstick them totally BUT create a single sticky thread with links to those dedicated threads so they don't get lost in the shuffle...sort of like a table of contents.
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

OK - the poll is closed, so the moderators are sifting through the results. We'll make the changes over the next week or so.

Thanks to everyone for your participation! :D

BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks again to all who participated in this poll. The changes have now been made, so enjoy the new threads!

Return to General Discussion