Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Four-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

Four-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 am
Griffin well done
well done

Lately the weather here in Texas has been wonderful. perfect for sitting outside. Doesn't last long before the heat invades, so we've been taken advantage of it. Not sure when Lone Star came out with a Bock, but its my new favorite beer. Different than Shiner, easier to drink.

The other night it was some bone in chicken breasts, more of the venison jalapeno cheese sausage, four cheese stuffed mushrooms and a salad. Trying to be healthier. Doc says I got to eat better. The chicken was so-so (I'm not a fan of chicken breasts really) but the mushrooms were amazing.

The mushrooms were so good, we did them the next night as well.

Mushrooms were stuffed with rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, light ricotta cheese, spinach, Monterrey Jack cheese, fresh grated Parm, basil and garlic all mixed together and then topped with low fat Feta cheese. So good. Thinking about making them again tonight or tomorrow.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The 3rd photo says it all! I'm a shroomhead anyway and yours look and sound really delicious - I'm definitely going to give them a try!

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Must, must, MUST try these!! *drool*
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dem mushrooms are gorgeous! What an inspiration, Griff. Wouldn't those go great with your sausage and wings in front of a football game?! :D

Oh, I do see a lot more than 4 of them though.
Got beer???

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 am
Griffin well done
well done

They will definitely be game day food this season. :D

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am
sroach well done
well done

Not a shroom guy, but pass some of that sausage over...

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
They will definitely be game day food this season. :D

Glad to know you're okay, Griff... Heard about that horrific explosion in your region.
Got beer???

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:05 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

Very nice. Stuffed mushrooms are always a treat. You should try some stuffed with a cream cheese, Dungeness crab, garlic, and green onion mixture--topped with a buttered panko, parmesan topping. It's to die for when fresh off the smoker.

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 am
Griffin well done
well done

Thanks, beercuer, but I'm actually in Dallas which is about 80 miles north. I went to college at Baylor in Waco which is just 20 miles south of West. We used to drive up there every year to go to West Fest which was a Czech festival. Actually the town was settled by Czechs and hold tight to their identity and traditions. If you are ever driving through, you have to stop and get some kolaches. They are famous for them. In par with having to stop in Lockhart to get BBQ. We still stop every time we drive through, which is quite alot since its on I-35 which is the major highway running between Dallas, Waco, Austin and San Antonio. I was going to stop and give blood today on my way home, but the wife said all the Carter blood banks are closed on Friday. What's up with that? Anyway, I'll be going through my stuff and seeing what I have to donate to Red Cross for the families who have lost everything.

Smokin'gal - that sounds decadent. Not really sure I'm supposed to have panko, but I'm sure there isn't enough that it will matter. :wink:

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:47 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Mighty good man of you to make the time and all to help out, Griff. Blood bank closed at this time?-- Now I've heard everything.
Kolaches-- I'll remember that.. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion