Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Garlic-sesame sirloin

Garlic-sesame sirloin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

On Sunday we went to my parents' house for midday Easter dinner so I had the foresight to take a sirloin out of the freezer on Saturday and give it a good salting in preparation for supper that night. Of course, things wouldn't work out quite as planned.

Sunday morning I smeared it with some grated fresh garlic and Monday night I added some sesame oil, and by Tuesday afternoon I was finally ready to grill.

Because of the sesame oil I kept the fire a little cooler than usual, but still got some good grate marks.

Even though I used a lot of garlic the flavor was surprisingly mellow and the sesame oil added a subtle, nutty taste to the overall beefiness. And since typing this is making me hungry I'm heading to the fridge at the next commercial break for some leftovers. :wink:

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:12 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Amazing. The meat looks as tender as one could get it!
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
And since typing this is making me hungry I'm heading to the fridge at the next commercial break for some leftovers.

I can see why that would be the case. I don't see sirloin in the stores very often here--a real shame.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:
And since typing this is making me hungry I'm heading to the fridge at the next commercial break for some leftovers.

I can see why that would be the case. I don't see sirloin in the stores very often here--a real shame.

Are you kidding me? It must be late and my eyes are playing tricks with me what I read.
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 am
Griffin well done
well done

The best laid plans of mice and men...

It looks wonderful in spite of the delay. Do you think the extra time helped improve the flavor?

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes, especially with the salting - I'm a fan of doing that several days ahead of time. And since the marinade/paste wasn't acidic the meat fibers didn't break down so it still had good texture.

Return to General Discussion