Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pesto, Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped with Bacon

Pesto, Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped with Bacon

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
EddieK1376 well done
well done

We eat a lot of chicken breasts. With 3 kids it's economically friendly...But we get tired of eating the same thing over and over again so I wanted to "jazz" it up a bit....Had some pesto, some mozz and some bacon so figured that would work...

Pounded out the breasts as thin as I could get them. But seriously these breasts that Sam's sells are ridiculously huge. Then spread some pesto on it. (Store bought)

Stuffed Chicken with pesto and mozzarella by EKomrska, on Flickr

Grated up some mozzarella and my wife put A LOT of cheese on. Heck we like cheese and I figured some would escape so why not go overboard....

Wrapped with some Indiana bacon. Because well everything tastes better with bacon

Put on the Egg at about 350

And the finished product. It had such an amazing flavor and I normally don't like pesto. It made even better sandwiches later in the week.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks terrific, Eduardo! What brand of pesto is that?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Looks terrific, Eduardo! What brand of pesto is that?

I believe my wife got it from either Earth Fare or Whole Foods

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wonderful and inspiring cook, Eddie! That's like a new take on chicken cordon bleu. Interesting... there seems to be this nation wide trend toward turkey sized breasts everywhere. I wonder what accounts for that?
Got beer???

smokin'gal well done
well done

The chicken looks quite delicious. :)

Griffin well done
well done

Looks great, Eddie. I've used the pesto from Whole Foods before in some stuffed chicken thighs and it worked really well. Also used some roasted red bell peppers and some cheese.

I had to go back so far in my pictures to find it. It was pre-Egg and done on my old gasser. :lol: Thanks for the reminder. I'll be adding this back to the rotation to spice up some chicken breasts.

beercuer - maybe the chickens are on steroids. :lol: I laugh, but who knows what they are doing to them that probably isn't healthy. :(

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Eddie! I did something similar awhile back but used thighs instead.

Return to General Discussion