Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Spatchcock Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes

Spatchcock Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Last week I tried my hand at my first spatchcock. Despite messaging Dyal on FB several times I actually think I got it right :) I also sliced up some russetts super thin, layered them with cheese with each layer having cheese. Some salt, pepper and some bacon of course :)

Cheesy potatoes before they go on the Egg

Spatchcock Chickeb by EKomrska, on Flickr

Spatchcocked the chicken and rubbed with some raging river rub

Put the potatoes on about 30 minutes ahead of time or so and then I put the bird on. Temp was around 400 with a raised grid. You can see my polish (I can say that cause I'm polish) attempt at a raised grid

I think I was drunk although I wasn't drinking but this is a bad picture of the finished potatoes

Chicken taken off. I tried to wait and wait and wait for my wife to come home but ultimately had to pull even if it was over the normal pull temp. THe bird came out super juicy and had such amazing flavor

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

EddieK1376 wrote:
I think I was drunk although I wasn't drinking but this is a bad picture of the finished potatoes

They look fine to me! I'd have some chicken but would definitely go back for seconds on the potatoes.

I need to do more side dishes on the grill.

Griffin well done
well done

Looks perfect to me. Why you asking Dyal for advice? He don't know no nuthin'. :wink: You are making me miss taters even more.

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Looks perfect to me. Why you asking Dyal for advice? He don't know no nuthin'. :wink: You are making me miss taters even more.

Cause I don't have your number...LOL But shh don't tell Dyal that :)

I stayed away from taters for about 4 months. COmpletely away and now I'm allowing myself them maybe once a week.

Griffin well done
well done

You said messaging on FB, not text. Busted you in a lie!! :twisted:

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Oh yeah that was the day you said "Oh I didn't check FB till just now, what he said " Hahaha :)

Griffin well done
well done

Some of us work for a living. Well, some days we do. Other days we can sit on the computer all day. :wink:

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Some of us work for a living. Well, some days we do. Other days we can sit on the computer all day. :wink:

Don't hate that I work from home and get to watch baseball all day long, work and bother people on FB messenger :)

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Wonderful looking chicken! Any reason you folded the legs under like that on the grill? Interesting technique! Looks like it might help the breasts from drying out?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Wonderful looking chicken! Any reason you folded the legs under like that on the grill? Interesting technique! Looks like it might help the breasts from drying out?

I did? I don't think I did...

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Well not folded under I guess, but flopped back nonetheless. I'll hafta give that a try on my next attempt. You may have just made an unintentional breakthrough in the art of spatchcocking!! :idea: :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Well not folded under I guess, but flopped back nonetheless. I'll hafta give that a try on my next attempt. You may have just made an unintentional breakthrough in the art of spatchcocking!! :idea: :D

Hilarious. Told you I took the breasts to like 180 and they were still juicy. Maybe it's the magic of the BGE...Who knows!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Delightfully decadent looking meal, Eddie! :D
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Eddie, do you remember how long the potatoes took? I'm thinking about trying a variation on them tonight if it ever stops raining, although it's possible my grill area is already too wet...

sroach well done
well done

Eddie,

did you do the chicken direct the whole time? I have been doing mine indirect, but I like the skin color on yours, nice and dark.

Next

Return to General Discussion