Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Easter Ham Done Egrets Way

Easter Ham Done Egrets Way

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

On the Egghead forum I was searching and searching for a way to do ham. Nobody in our family is a true lover of ham but it was Easter and nobody outside of me like Lamb so Ham we went....Anyhow here are the ingredients

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

I injected the ham with some pure maple syrup. And the ingredients you see above I combined to make a paste and apply to the outside of the Ham.

Put on the Egg at about 300 a little higher than I wanted but we had to eat by a certain time as my MIL was heading home that day and wanted to make sure her travels went well

Put some apple wood in and this picture is the ham at an internal temp of about 90 degrees

Here is the finished product. I will tell you that this was simply the most amazing ham I've ever had....

Last edited by EddieK1376 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:40 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Awesomeness!!!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Spectacular, Eddie! I really like the way you prepped that l'il piggy. Were you able to taste a significant sweetness in the ham because of the injection? :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks like the glaze set up into a nice crust, Eddie. Did you start with a partially or fully-cooked ham?

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Spectacular, Eddie! I really like the way you prepped that l'il piggy. Were you able to taste a significant sweetness in the ham because of the injection? :D

It wasn't particularly sweet or overly sweet. However, my wife commented that she would want this ham again and even at a non-easter time.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:07 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Looks like the glaze set up into a nice crust, Eddie. Did you start with a partially or fully-cooked ham?

It was a fully cooked ham :)

Return to General Discussion