Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Shrimp Salad

Grilled Shrimp Salad

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Here's a healthy post of a cook I did last week (?). Maybe this weekend I'll slip something bad in. Took about a pound of shrimp and brined them for about 20 minutes, rinsed them off and skewered them up before throwing them on the Egg.

Brine:
•2 cups water
•2 cups of ice
•1/4 cup Kosher salt
•1/4 cup sugar
•1/4 cup Zatarain’s Extra Spicy Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil (not the liquid one, the solid one)

Coupla minutes later they were done. Deshelled them and mixed them in with some salad and some home made type dressing that was 1/4 cup Duke's light mayo, 2tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp water and 1/2 tsp of Dizzy Pigs Swamp Venom.

For a salad, it wasn't half bad. Actually, it was pretty good. The dressing was tangy and refreshing. Gonna be a great meal option for when it gets hot this summer and we want something light and refreshing and cool to eat.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! So when you were peeling the shrimp after it was done, how many went in the bowl and how many got eaten? :wink:

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm
Griffin well done
well done

That is a secret no cook will ever reveal. :wink:

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Did you have to devein them afterwards? My wife is the deveiner in our family :)

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:30 pm
Griffin well done
well done

No, I cut through the back of the shell with a pair of scissors and deveined them before putting them in the brine. Or maybe it was after the brine? I can't remember, but it was before I cooked them. I don' think it would matter if it was before or after the brine, but I think I did it before.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice lookin shrimp salad. Need to do salads more often myself.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:24 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Nice lookin shrimp salad. Need to do salads more often myself.

Ditto :)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

That may be healthy, but it's still downright delectable looking! As I spy that dressing, I am reminded of that crema mexicana again. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion