Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Built a table for the Ceramic

Built a table for the Ceramic

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Not the fanciest carpentry work, but not too shabby for an amateur...if I may say so myself. :) Comes in very handy. I had to recently lay my CG to rest, so I had the extra space for the table. Saved me a pile of money building it on my own.

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! What kind of wood and finish did you use? Are the casters adjustable so that you can always keep it stable?

When you get your BGE really hot inside how hot does the exterior surface get?

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:02 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

I'm still waiting for my shipping info so I can track my table you are building me :)

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 pm
Griffin well done
well done

And I'm in line behind Eddie!!

Great looking table, Dyal. Got a question. I was in Wal-Mart this weekend (only place to find Royal Oak around these parts) and they had a grill gazebo very similar to yours. Ballpark how much did you pay? I think they wanted $140ish for the one I saw.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx y'all! Brad, I just used untreated pine studs and finished it with Olympia Stain and Sealer. The wheels don't have adjusters, but they do have brakes. The perimeter doesn't get super duper hot, and the ceramic is well insulated. But I haven't taken the egg over 450 yet to find out the maximum sustainable heat. The bottom is sitting on steel straps (for air flow), then a patio stone, then a spark resistant mat, then the table. The mat helps keep the wood clean from dirty grates too.

Griffin, I saw that gazebo too. It didn't appear to be very sturdy. Ordered mine off of Amazon for $400 after shipping I think.

Eddie, if you make a pizza with feta cheese on it, I'll build you one. ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Eddie, if you make a pizza with feta cheese on it, I'll build you one. ;)

Dang if that's all it takes.....I think that's pretty much like a contract. I'm making a pizza with feta on it just for the table :)

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:28 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

As long as you pay for materials and shipping fees. ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:37 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
As long as you pay for materials and shipping fees. ;)

Always the fine print....

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Niiiiice!-- That's really cool that you can wheel it around, Dyal. Kudos!
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:50 am
Griffin well done
well done

Mmmm...think I'll pass on that gazebo then. I could have sworn you got yours at Sam's and I figured Sam's and Wal-Mart...aren't they owned by the same people? So maybe it was the same one. Guess I'm wrong. I'll pass then.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:41 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Grif, maybe you are thinking of the one SCBBQBill had? His came from SAMs. Mine is the Eclipse Backyard Grilling Station. Here is a link where we talked about it before. I took a few pix of my setup.

viewtopic.php?t=23247
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:01 am
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Very nice looking table, glad you used the paver brick for the bottom, I am researching building table for my egg and I have seen lots of photo's of people that didn't use a brick and had a fire.

I am going with a table made out of patio pavers and I am going to pour a cement countertop for it. kind of excited to get it started.

Return to General Discussion