Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Something taco is coming... tritip for now - taco pix now up

Something taco is coming... tritip for now - taco pix now up

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Greetings again all.

Like many of you, I am a huge fan of tritip. May I first present my "chunk o' lump" method (mesquite), and I cooked indirect.

Marinated the roast with light olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, and coarse S&P

On to the pit from start to finish

And of coarse the sliced up pic. More than met the approval of my taste buds. I look to incorporate the leftovers into my hot tacos. Nuttin' like tritip tacos either.

I don't know if it even makes any sense to post this, but here goes. Brad, is this saloon dry, or do you still have a bottle of whiskey behind the counter?

I find that leftover tritip makes for fabulous out-of-this-world tacos, too. Just shred the meat, hit it with carne asada seasoning and lotsa hot sauce.

...And fill the shells. First the meat, then shredded romaine lettuce, crema mexicana, shredded cheese, and halved cherry tomatoes.

Last edited by beercuer on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a really nice tri-tip, BC...looks like the grain got really pronounced as it cooked!

I need to make a better effort to find tri-tip here. It can be done but does require a bit of effort.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks, Brad. Sometimes I wonder if only California cattle have tritips. Just like only Texas cattle have brisquets. :lol:
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Killer tacos, BC! The beef pieces were just the right size and look very tasty!

smokin'gal well done
well done

The tritip looks awesome - nice job!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you much, SC and SG. SG I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am to see you again. Don't you dare go too far away. Show us something you've done lately.
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice!!!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks Dyal. I do luv tacos-- of all kinds. Next time, I need to make some of my pulled pork soft tacos on corn tortillas. :D
Got beer???

Griffin well done
well done

Outstanding!! Love the pics of the tacos. Looks fabulous. I've been seeing tri-tip a bit more here in Dallas. Think I'll grab one next time I see it. I could go for some tri-tip tacos.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Outstanding!! Love the pics of the tacos. Looks fabulous. I've been seeing tri-tip a bit more here in Dallas. Think I'll grab one next time I see it. I could go for some tri-tip tacos.

Thanks Griff :D

It's about time Texas started seeing more tri-tips.
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion