Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Buffalo wings and lasagna Mexican style

Buffalo wings and lasagna Mexican style

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:38 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Everything, except the pasta noodles themselves, was cooked at the pit. I substitued pork chorizo, queso fresco cheese, and enchilada sauce for a Mexican culinary flair. I also chopped onion, red jalapeno, and habanero into the chorizo. If I may say, the meal was insanely tasty. :D

ImageImage

Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great cross-cultural adaptation, BC! Now go the other way and put Italian sausage and tomato sauce inside a tortilla... :wink:

I see that you used a Pyrex dish and I was wondering about using Pyrex or Corningware on the grill...indirect heat only? I'd be hesitant to put a dish directly over the coals.

The wings look good, too. An appetizer prior to the lasagna?

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Great cross-cultural adaptation, BC! Now go the other way and put Italian sausage and tomato sauce inside a tortilla... :wink:

I see that you used a Pyrex dish and I was wondering about using Pyrex or Corningware on the grill...indirect heat only? I'd be hesitant to put a dish directly over the coals.

The wings look good, too. An appetizer prior to the lasagna?

Thank you kindly, Brad. Now you're talkin... a kind of soft taco pizza! Oh yeah, I definitely went indirect on this cook. Like you, I believe direct heat could be a bit risky.

I actually ate the lasagna and wings together. However, my "appetizer" consisted of another margarita with a Foster's Premium Ale chaser. That primed the belly mighty fine. :lol:
Got beer???

Seattle-Q well done
well done

Your lasagna reminds me of this video

http://youtu.be/hN2UHdTOaY0

Spagetti Tacos

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Seattle-Q wrote:
Your lasagna reminds me of this video

http://youtu.be/hN2UHdTOaY0

Spagetti Tacos

What an amazing discovery. I am humbled.
Got beer???

Griffin well done
well done

What? You didn't cook the pasta on the grill? :wink:

I was doing fine. Not missing pasta in my diet. And then I go and open this thread? God, I hate you, beercuer!! :wink: So jealous of that dish. So want it right now.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

OMG!!! That looks outstanding.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Yeah that looks amazing!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks again Guys :D

Griffin--I'm sorry, I just don't know-- How do you make pasta on the pit? I've got to ask, how can you deprive yourself of pasta? Isn't that kind of like torturous, akin to going without libations?
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion