Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion A.1. rub

A.1. rub

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm
chrish well done
well done

found this a few days ago and had to try it. being from A1 it had to be good, i wasn't disappointed at all,
I had some left over potato sailed i was going to throw out, it was still fresh so i thought what the hell and put just alittle bit of this rub in it and i ended up eating over half the container, last night i put some on a steak before cooking it and it was excellent.

My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks for sharing that, Chrish! I'm going to look for it.
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I don't recall ever seeing it but I haven't exactly been looking for it, either. Chrish, does it have a similar flavor to the steak sauce? I wonder how the ingredients compare.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:53 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've seen it but never tried it, so I might pick up a bottle this weekend.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 pm
chrish well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing it but I haven't exactly been looking for it, either. Chrish, does it have a similar flavor to the steak sauce? I wonder how the ingredients compare.

not really if there is its just a hint of it, the first thing you taste is kind of a smoky flavor and then the herbs, like it says its a flavor enhancer
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

chrish wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

not really if there is its just a hint of it, the first thing you taste is kind of a smoky flavor and then the herbs, like it says its a flavor enhancer

Speaking of flavor enhancers, does this rub contain any MSG?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion