Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stuffed chicken thighs

Stuffed chicken thighs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Recently while doing a bit of impulse shopping I picked up some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, some regular bacon, and some Canadian bacon to go with the blue cheese I already had in the fridge.

I used a piece of Canadian bacon to wrap some cheese, put the assembly inside a thigh, and then wrapped the whole thing with bacon as a kind of chicken cordon bleu.

They were cooked with indirect charcoal heat until done and because of the bacon I decided to not add any additional smoke.

I plated them with some steamed cauliflower (with cheese, of course).

To keep from losing too much cheese I grilled the thighs with the opening facing up, and it seemed to work OK. They had good flavor and the cheese and bacon eliminated the need for any additional salt. I took a lot of the recipe from an episode of America's Test Kitchen where they used ham to thoroughly wrap the cheese and eliminate leakage, but since the Canadian bacon was thicker the best I could do was fold it over.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I am reminded of chicken cordon bleu. That's a wonderful looking spin, Brad!
Got beer???

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! I'm thinking about trying something similar with a turkey breast sometime.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Thanks! I'm thinking about trying something similar with a turkey breast sometime.

While I really like these double-bacon stuffed thighs, I'd have to say the turkey breast idea sounds even more appealing!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion