Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion new PC came yesterday

new PC came yesterday

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:44 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
it doesnt have the red front panel but still nice, alot bigger then the one im using right now

Image


Image
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7613
Location: Stoughton, WI
Are you going to install any cooking-oriented software?

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
i shure am:-)
one is easy chefs BBQ master, and then easy chefs one million recipes silver edition
(that is if there compatible with win 7)
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:21 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
so your a BBQ deputy

did they give you a silver badge and a single bullet for your shirt pocket?

im kidding :-)
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:55 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7613
Location: Stoughton, WI
No, no bullet. Just a big flashlight and permission to yell, "Get off my lawn!" :wink:

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
ScreamingChicken wrote:
No, no bullet. Just a big flashlight and permission to yell, "Get off my lawn!" :wink:


LOL reminds me of one of the jeff foxwerthy redneck jokes

all the file transfers is turning my brain to mush. ive got 2 160 GB HD in the old pc and this one has a 500 GB HD. but im going to put in a 2nd HD a 1 or 2 TB, ive alwase ran 2 hard drives, windows OS on one and the rest on another, keeping the OS on its own HD and under 1/2 full theres less build up of crap files and less fragmentation to slow down the OS
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Posts: 2984
Location: Philly

chrish wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:
No, no bullet. Just a big flashlight and permission to yell, "Get off my lawn!" :wink:


LOL reminds me of one of the jeff foxwerthy redneck jokes

all the file transfers is turning my brain to mush. ive got 2 160 GB HD in the old pc and this one has a 500 GB HD. but im going to put in a 2nd HD a 1 or 2 TB, ive alwase ran 2 hard drives, windows OS on one and the rest on another, keeping the OS on its own HD and under 1/2 full theres less build up of crap files and less fragmentation to slow down the OS


I use a small SSD drive as my "C:" and just keep Windows and a few "must have" utilities on it. Makes for a VERY quick backup / restore. Fragmentation is a non-issue.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit
Image

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
Ive allwase ran 2 hard drives, give windows all the room it needs but keep it under 1/2 full, less clutter the better., and another HD for all the APPS




Image


Image
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Posts: 2984
Location: Philly

chrish wrote:
Ive allwase ran 2 hard drives, give windows all the room it needs but keep it under 1/2 full, less clutter the better., and another HD for all the APPS



You don't necessarily need two physical disks. You can create multiple partitions on one big one. I do use a physical C: drive with one partition for simplicity (and economics) 'cause SSD is expensive. I use another big disk split into two ,, One for apps and the other for data / files.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit
Image

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:38 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7613
Location: Stoughton, WI
A couple of years ago I picked up a 2 TB Western Digital external drive just for my grilling and other food photos...

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 am
chrish well done
well done

Posts: 885
Location: Melcher IOWA
the older Compaq here has 2 160 GB HD's one for the OS and the other partitioned into 4 drives.
this new one has a 500GB and allocate most of the room left to windows memory im getting a 2 TB HD for every thing else and storage.
also getting a liquid cooling fan for the CPU.
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/


Return to General Discussion