Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion lowes no longer selling stubbs

lowes no longer selling stubbs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm
mbshop well done
well done

seems lowes will no longer sell stubbs after their stock is gone.
according to my store floor guy they were ordered to pull the tag after they sold the last bag.
wal mart is now selling it so wonder if that had anything to do with it.
i liked it but not the price so didn't buy it except when they had that one sale long ago.
anyone know anything further ?
george
spam, can't live without it.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My parents just picked up some for me last Saturday and they didn't tell me anything like this, so maybe I'll ask them to look into it or I'll shoot an email to Lowes corporate HQ.

If this is indeed the case I can still get Duraflame hardwood briquettes at one of the local True Value stores.

EDIT: Duraflame distributes Stubb's so I went to the website and looked up Stubb's in the "where to buy" section. Lowe's is still listed for Wisconsin but "Walmart (selected stores only)" is also an option, so maybe it's a regional thing. I also emailed Lowe's for some clarification.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Lowe's replied to my email and said that there are no current plans to stop carrying Stubb's, at least in my area. George, maybe this is a store-specific or regional decision?

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 am
mbshop well done
well done

could be. i just know that the floor guy said that they will no longer carry it. i did ask about why and he did say that they were ordered to take the tag off when they ran out. only the future will tell.
george
spam, can't live without it.

Return to General Discussion