Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion its about time

its about time

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:50 am
chrish well done
well done

that im now on DSL after being on dial up since 1996 with wapping 1 mps upload download speeds

and im replacing my 12 yr old puter with this one, i love that the tower is all lit up, i went with a gaming puter a better all around PC

My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Lucky you...I'm still on dialup because I can't get DSL or cable, and am too cheap to spring for a dish.

Sometimes I have to pass on looking at photo-heavy threads at home because they take forever to load!

I do have a Verizon wireless setup but the connection is often unstable; when it works it's faster than dialup but if it's constantly reloading and reconnecting any advantage is lost. When I have to upload images to Photobucket I often write them to a CD and then do the actual upload via a known fast connection.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:33 pm
chrish well done
well done

this isnt through the Dish network SAT Dish, dish net and windstream kind of paired up, if thats the word for it.
if you have a land line phone you to can do this too, were all on cell phones but still had a land line for dial up use only so they waved all cost for that,
anyway this works right over the phone line and you can do both at the same time, talk to someone and serf the net with the included filter box that separates the phone talk from the computer data, and it works too even with the old outdated crappy phone lines here, you give you 12 MPS Min during peak hours of the day, last night i ran a speed test and i got 22 MPS download and 1.5 to 2mps upload speeds.
$60 a month with no added phone charges and that price is locked in for life with there new promo right now.
i paid $55 a month for that crappy dial up so jumping on the band wagon now is a good idea,
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Return to General Discussion