Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I'm Back :)

I'm Back :)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:04 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

After moving back to Indianapolis where we are so happy to be back my wife and I were doing the move ourselves and decided we couldn't safely transport the Egg. So I sold it and then bought a new one down here.....Anyhow, I'm getting back in the swing of things now :)

The next day after the storm hit us pretty good we had a taste for some steak. However, our butcher was closed that day because of the snow so we went to Whole Foods and got 1 3/4 lb Flat Iron steak and grilled it up....I dusted it with some Cow Lick Seasoning

Yep my 5 year old son thought it'd be great to photo bomb the picture so I let him

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

I got the Egg up to about 650 or so and let me tell you I really do miss my CI grates I now know I will be buying it within the month because i miss them so much!

I got the internal temp of the Flat Iron to about 140 and let it rest for 8 minutes...

WE bought some pretzel rolls as well from Whole Foods. I sauteed up some peppers and onions, spread some garlic herb mayo on the sandwich and topped with Mozzarella Cheese

Sandwich was great, I still can't decide which seasoning I like more "Raising the Steaks" or "Cow Lick"

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome back, Eddie! The sandwich looks great and it's always good if your steak's as big as your kid's head. :lol:

I'll be flying through Indy on my way to Ohio this summer...if I get the time maybe I'll stop at The Tamale Place on Rockville Rd. again.

Return to General Discussion