Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Picked up a Jaccard

Picked up a Jaccard

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I picked up a Jaccard last week to mess around with and to my surprise they do work very well.

I used it on a top round steak about a inch thick and used the Jaccard on both sides a few times east and west then a few times north to south. I grilled up the steaks and I read that it will also make the steaks cook faster but I am not sure I beileve that. The steaks did come out super tender. I picked up a few NY Strip steaks and I will see how it works on them.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

One of these days I'll probably break down and buy one, especially since my bulk beef orders come with 4-6 round steaks each.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Seattle-Q wrote:
I picked up a Jaccard last week to mess around with and to my surprise they do work very well.

I used it on a top round steak about a inch thick and used the Jaccard on both sides a few times east and west then a few times north to south. I grilled up the steaks and I read that it will also make the steaks cook faster but I am not sure I beileve that. The steaks did come out super tender. I picked up a few NY Strip steaks and I will see how it works on them.

I picked one up a couple of years ago and am glad that I did. NY Strips turn out really tender when using the Jaccard. I also use it on pork chops as the ones I get are usually pretty thick and it works well regardless of whether or not I cook in a pan or on the grill. I also use it to tenderize the skirt steak I use for beef stroganoff.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I’ve had mine for several years as well and love it. Here is one added benefit, If you apply your seasoning/rub prior to using the Jaccard, the small blades push the seasoning deep into the meat and enhance the flavor n addition to tenderizing it. :D

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

I even use my Jaccard for bottom Round roasts. This can be a pretty tough piece of meat unless sliced paper-thin. A Jaccard does a great job, though it can't usually penetrate the fat cap. There are few pieces of meat that can't benefit from this. My first post on this "secret meat weapon" was probably over 7-8 years ago on this board.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:02 am
Griffin well done
well done

I always forget I have one. Guess I need to pull it out of wherever its hiding and use it some more.

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 pm
JPET medium-rare
medium-rare

I had to look up Jaccard.

"Razor-sharp stainless blades penetrate 1" deep, thoroughly tenderizing without tearing, so meat retains juices for better flavor and less shrinkage. Reduce cooking time by up to 40% and ensure even cooking across meats with varying thickness."

I now have to get one.

Return to General Discussion