Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Meat lovers Calzones

Meat lovers Calzones

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

A little OT here at first, but my wife and I vacationed to Vegas and the Grand Canyon a few weeks back. The first day we were there, we did a tour of the Hoover Dam. Here are a coupla Dam photos ;) :

And then the next day, we drove out to the South Rim of the Canyon, which was a very scenic and enjoyable 4.25 hour drive. The Canyon was breathtaking. We were walking through the National Park and decided we would dish out a few extra bucks and do a helicopter tour, since it was probably a once in a lifetime trip. Here is a pic from the helicopter...

And oh yeah, to get back on topic, we made these the night before our trip... :lol:

They were filled with all sorts of meat and cheese. Good stuff. :)

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very tasty! Is that a piece of parchment between the calzones and the stone? What meats did you use?

Were you able to do any grilling while you were on vacation or did you stay at a regular hotel?

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Gorgeous pics recall great memories for me, Dyal. Thank you kindly for sharing them. And oh my, those calzones look out-of-this-world irresistible! With your skill, I'd like to see you make a stromboli.
Got beer???

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 pm
Steve D medium
medium

Dyal, I'm doing calzones this weekend - Connie and the girls got me a calzone press for my birthday last week - gotta give it a test drive. How long do you cook yours and at what temp?

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx fellas'! Brad, I think I put Italian Sausage, Bacon, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Mozzarella and Ricotta in there if I recall. Didn't hit up anything special as far as restaurants go while on vacation. Ate at the Cheesecake Factory one night. We love that place.

Steve, I cooked them at around 500 deg f for about 15 minutes. I used parchment paper to easily slide them on the stone...then removed the paper after about 6 or 7 minutes.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion