Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Hot Louisiana Legs

Hot Louisiana Legs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

This meal is my modified cheap take on Buffalo wings. I keep a variety of hot sauces for specific purposes. I find that Trappey's Louisiana hot sauce is my favorite for stand alone chicken.

Even so, I prepped these leg drums (so much cheaper than wing drumettes), with seasoned salt and plenty of cayenne.

Once charred and scorched, I tossed and drenched them with the Trappey's . Served them with cucumber-dill-sour cream salad for that nice cooling relief. Goes together so well!

Got beer???

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The problem with drummies is that it's too easy to polish off a dozen or so without realizing it. :wink:

Those look mighty tasty! Is Trappey's particularly hot? I think I've seen it in the store before but have never tried it.

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
The problem with drummies is that it's too easy to polish off a dozen or so without realizing it. :wink:

Those look mighty tasty! Is Trappey's particularly hot? I think I've seen it in the store before but have never tried it.

Thank you kindly, Brad :D

Yes, I was still hungry after those four. On my scale, I would say that Trappey's is a strong mild to a weak medium, definitely cooler than say, a Tabasco. That's what allowed me to give them a boost with the dry cayenne. It has that characteristic Louisiana "vinegary" type flair. which some folks luv and others do not. I happen to appreciate a bit of that sour acidity in this application.
Got beer???

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great lookin' Hot Legs, BC! I like that brand of hot sauce too. My wife bought me about 10 or 15 hot sauces for Christmas. My garage fridge jingles when I open the door because of all the hot sauce bottles in there. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Those sure do look tasty, BC! I've never seen Trappy's hot sauce, but Trappy's pickled jalapenos are my favorite! I could certainly go for a dozen or two!

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you, Brothers!

Dyal-- :lol: I can relate on the jingle-jangle-jingle! Also reminds me of a bowling alley.

Tex-- Ditto me on the Trappey's penos! I also enjoy their little yellow tabasco peppers, which I call "yellow jackets" because of their nice hot wasp like sting. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion