Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chucky Gets Charred

Chucky Gets Charred

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

My thanks to Chucky the cattle who provided me with such a decadent treat today. I am so fond of blade and 7-bone steak on occasion, especially when cut thin. Here I prepped it with lots of oil, and coarse S & P.

On to the grill, and just let it flame away...

Must have done something right, as doggy was all over me. I had beans on the side. Lotsa meat in this meal. This humble cookout was all the more fun because the weather was warm and comfortable. (Of course, the glass of Chianti completed the experience).

Got beer???

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:39 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Mmm...steak and chianti. My kinda meal! Looks delicious!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Mmm...steak and chianti. My kinda meal! Looks delicious!

Thanks, Dyal Image

You're right... That steak/wine combo was delicious to me (and the dog). Really juicy, and flavor beyond compare of say, a filet mignon. Just too bad it's not the healthiest of food choices, especially the way I char-cooked it.
Got beer???

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I agree, BC...chuck steaks are among my favorites, too, and yours looks great!

Although we should really be telling people how awful they are, because you know what'll happen to the price if they become popular! :lol:

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I agree, BC...chuck steaks are among my favorites, too, and yours looks great!

Although we should really be telling people how awful they are, because you know what'll happen to the price if they become popular! :lol:

Thank you, Brad :)

You raise a good point. Come to think of it, I've already seen what's happened to chuck eye, cross-rib, and even pork rib end chops. Let's see if I can paint this in a different light. Chuck steaks are no bargain at all, when you consider how much one is paying for all that bone and fat weight. Actually, a nice lean filet is a better value. STEER clear of Chuck!
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion