Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Heart Shaped Pizza

Heart Shaped Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Decided to skip the crowds tonight and cook at home. I whipped up a heart shaped pizza on the grill for my Sweetie. :) We will probably do dinner and a movie this weekend.

Topped with sauce, mozzarella, feta, pepperoni and shrooms.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 am
tbk420 well done
well done

Guess she got to eat to her heart's content? :wink:

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! I just hope she didn't take an unusual interest in cutting it to pieces... :twisted:

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh my, that pizza looks sooo good, what's not to luv? Pure genious there, Dyal! I can only imagine how many pizzerias could have profited had they been tuned in to that trick. Did you saute those mushrooms before topping the pizza with them?
Got beer???

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm
Griffin well done
well done

A local mom and pop pizza place I worked at in college actually had heart shaped pizzas. Can't remember if it was year round. They also had Texas shaped pizzas.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

beercuer, yup, I sautéed the shrooms first in a little EVOO before putting them on the pizza. If they were thinner cut, I would've tossed them on raw, but instead they were a little bulky, and I didn't feel like cutting them. :)

Thx y'all for the nice comments.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
beercuer, yup, I sautéed the shrooms first in a little EVOO before putting them on the pizza. If they were thinner cut, I would've tossed them on raw, but instead they were a little bulky, and I didn't feel like cutting them. :)

Thx y'all for the nice comments.

Never ceases to amaze me how much we think alike, Dyal. Me too!-- When thick, the shrooms get sauteed, when shaved, top 'em raw.
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion