Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Piri Piri Chicken (pix)

Piri Piri Chicken (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

This is my most favorite Steven Raichen recipe...it's intended for chicken wings, but tonight I grilled a whole spatchcock chicken with the marinade and glaze... http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_detai ... isodeID=37

Last night, I knew I had to do something with this small, all natural, hormone-free chicken. It donned on me that I had ginger....had cilantro....onion....lemon juice....hot sauce....garlic....I was set! So last night, I used the food processor and whipped up the marinade. Then poured it on the chicken, worked the marinade over and under the skin, and marinaded it for about 20 hours or so covered in the fridge.

Set the BGE for a raised, direct cook at around a 375 deg f dome temp.

Let it go until the internal temp of the chicken reached 175 deg in the legs and thighs, and 162 deg in the breasts.

Cut it all up, then glazed it once it was plated. Recipe works just fine on a whole chicken as it does on wings.

Our last coupla whole chickens have been All Natural and Hormone-Free... I think we will buy these from now on. They are much smaller than those chickens at Wally World that are the size of small turkeys. They seem to stay so much more juicy as well. And they taste much better in our opinions...almost "richer" and more "delicate" if that makes sense? I dunno how to explain my brain sometimes. ;) Anywho...this recipe is killer. Highly recommended. :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks good! Was it very spicy?

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nah, the other ingredients tone down the spiciness.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:47 pm
Askanison medium
medium

I agree that the all natural hormone free organic free range blah blah blah is better.
Much less greasy-fatty too.
Keeps the fires from raging in the grill.
Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 18.5" Kettle

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It might not be piri-piri but the re-emergence of this thread has me thinking that chicken would be good tonight!

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

I love Piri Piri.....One of the best flavors I've tasted!

Return to General Discussion