Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Athenian Shrimp and Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes

Athenian Shrimp and Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Whipped this up when the site was down due to Hurricane Sandy.

This was not all of the ingredients, but a few to give you an idea of what was all in it.

Gave the shrimp a marinade of EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice and White Wine Vinegar...

Tossed some Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, a little more S&P, EVOO, Lemon Juice, White Wine Vinegar, Fresh Oregano and Fresh Dill on top before cooking it up on the BGE.

Cooked it up in the Wok at around 350 deg f at first, but then bumped it up to about 450-500 deg f to finish...

I also boiled up some Orzo before wokking this up. After the Orzo was finished, I drained it and tossed that with some EVOO, S&P, and Lemon Juice. Once that cooled down, I tossed it with some Kalamata Olives, Capers, Diced Cucumbers, Feta Cheese, Oregano and Dill. Then poured the Shrimp and Tomato mixture over that and garnished it with some more Oregano and Dill.

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Not only does it look really tasty but it looks pretty healthy, too! Is it from a public recipe somewhere or did you make it up yourself? The rest of my family would probably really like it.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, Brad! I had a copy of a Big Green Egg Lifestyle Magazine, and that's what gave me the inspiration...

http://issuu.com/biggreenegg/docs/biggr ... doublePage

Except there was no recipe. :roll: :lol: Just the pic on the front. So I just sorta did my own thing with it. :) Turned out great though.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion