Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Monday night Jucy Lucys

Monday night Jucy Lucys

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last night I need to use up some ground beef but I didn't want to make regular burgers, and since I had some cheese in the fridge (no surprise there) I decided that Jucy Lucys would be good. I cut the beef into 4 4-ounce patties, seasoned the inside sides with salt and pepper, and added a nice chunk of cheese to each pair.
Image Image Image

After pressing the half-patties together I put a strip of thick bacon around each to help seal in the cheese.
Image Image

I grilled them about 6-7 minutes per side with the lid closed and they came out just slightly pink (I know, not recommended) with the cheese nice and soft but not runny. This was the first time I'd used farmers cheese and the mild flavor worked well in the burger.
Image Image

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 am
Griffin well done
well done

Kinda ironic (maybe) that last night they showed the episode of Man v. Food where he ate those.

They look great. What's wrong with a little pink?

I don't know if it is a problem with my computer here at work, or photobucket or I'm a moron, but when I click on the pictures, it just takes me to the home page of photobucket. :?: And yet if I right click the button, select properties and then highlight the address and paste it, it will show me a small picture...

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

I love those things for a change of pace, and I really like your idea of wrapping them with a little bacon. They look great.
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! At first I thought I was going to use thin bacon but then I considered that the thicker bacon would be more structurally sound. :wink:

Griffin, that's weird...does your home PC take you to the images when you click on the thumbnails?

Gotta be careful when mentioning pink burgers. The Food Police might come after me! :lol:

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks fantastic, and I like the idea of adding a perimeter of bacon. I love a little pink in my burger too.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm
Griffin well done
well done

I don't know. Haven't checked. But it seems to be working today. I wonder if its because I finally just switched over to the new Photobucket site thingee?

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 am
BBQ Deputy

That might have something to do with it, who knows.

PB keeps saying the new format is "improved" but so far I'm not convinced.

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:31 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Different, yes. Improved...not so sure.

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I tried the new PB, but then went back to the original format. I think it gives you the option.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Aww Crap! Just signed on to PB with my PC....it's making me switch to the new site too. Bummer.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 am
BBQ Deputy

Yep, you don't have a choice. :(

But like with anything else that changes I'm sure we'll adapt and get up to speed before too long!

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Looks magnificent, Brad! Nice touch with the bacon.

I won't arrest or cite you this time, but I hope/pray you do not get food poisoning like I did... ain't worth it. Messed my health up for perhaps the rest of my life. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion