Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chorizo & cheese quesadillas

Chorizo & cheese quesadillas

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last Wednesday I watched an episode of Mexico - One Plate at a Time that featured chorizo and since we were planning on tacos for Thursday night I decided to change things up a bit.

On the way home from work I made a quick stop for the important ingredients. Ordinarily I like to buy a more local brand of cheese and grate it myself but the already shredded stuff is OK for a weeknight.

Sometimes all it takes is one look to determine that something shouldn't be eaten raw, and chorizo falls into that category. I thought about putting it on a plate and setting it on the floor to see if Mrs. Chicken would accuse the dog of something. :twisted:

I put it in my grill pan and cooked it over lump charcoal until it was thoroughly done and a lot of fat had been rendered.

I buttered one side of a flour tortilla, put some chorizo and cheese on the unbuttered side, and folded it over.
Image Image

A perforated grill sheet works well for things like this. Smoke and heat still come through but it's much better than a grill grate at keeping everything flat and easily handled.

Even though I had tried to drain off as much fat as I could when I assembled them they were still a little oily, and Mrs. Chicken would've been much happier if I'd used the mild version of the chorizo instead of the picante. Still, they had a nice flavor and I'll definitely make them again sometime.

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Awesome!! My kinda meal! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am
Griffin well done
well done

And Dial is the Quesadilla Queen after all.

Some good looking quesadillas.

Return to General Discussion