Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sides- Reheat well/ serve good following day

Sides- Reheat well/ serve good following day

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Hi guys and gals!

I looking for side dish ideas that reheat/ serve well the following day. I'm working on a project where I would need to make a couple sides on Sunday and serve on Monday. So far I have

Beans
Potato Salad
Caprese Salad (although I worry about the basil)

Any ideas?

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What equipment and how much time do you have available for reheating? Beans were the first thing that I thought of but I like reheated au gratin or scalloped potatoes, too. Small meatballs would also be a good choice since they can be served in side-size portions.

Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

I would not be the one reheating. Some of my parts suppliers have requested my Que for a cash donation. I was thinking 1lb of meat and 2 pints of sides. I would cook on Sunday and they would pick up Monday.

BBQ Deputy

What if you cooked some potatoes in the smoker and then mashed or whipped them? If you wanted you could even do twice-baked.

scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

You can easily make a caprese salad the day of the service... What if you did it with pre gilled grilled cherry (or sweet 100's) tomatoes, cubed smoked mozzarella and thinly sliced basil. Just have them combine the separate ingredients and toss it with EVOO and some white balsamic at the last minute?
Wood Fired Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

It's possible Scorched. The problem is I live in the foothills and commute to Berkeley on Monday mornings for the week. Doing anything before I leave is impossible.

I brought in some beans and poppers today and that has gone very well.

E

Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

I sent out samples and gave samples to my crew of my beans. Rave reviews other than a little sweet which I already thought. I also gave out some poppers. Looks like clientele is growing. I really need a solid second side. I'm thinking potato salad. does pulled pork ,beans and potato salad sound like a good first menu?

Griffin well done
well done

Sure does. I'll take some right now. You might throw in a pickle spear and some onions (amybe some japs as well)

BBQ Deputy

Absolutely. Most of the barbecue places I've been to have potato salad, slaw, or both on the menu.

Return to General Discussion