Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tri Tip with Grilled Squash

Tri Tip with Grilled Squash

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Whole Foods had a great sale on Tri Tip at 6.99 a lb and that is a virtually impossible cut of meat to find here in Chicago. So we bought some on Sunday and we had it for dinner tonight. I picked up some yellow squash to go with it as well. I dusted Tri Tip with some Raising the Steaks seasoning from Dizzy Pig and the Squash with the Pineapple Head seasoning..

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Seared both sides

Added the squash and grilled that up

Took it off at about 135 and let it rest for 10 minutes. Sliced against the grain. Cut like butter...

Plated picture with some baby spinach, pineapple, grilled squash and some slices of the Tri Tip

This meat was UNREAL. Whole Foods has never disappointed me with their meat but this was like butter. Should've bought more when it was on sale!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Eddie - the meat looks great! We have a Whole Foods here in Madison and I haven't seen tri-tip anywhere, so I might have to give them a call.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm
jstewart well done
well done

That looks absolutely wonderful :D :D Looks like you need to get back to Whole Foods and see if they have any more tri-tip!!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Looks great! How was the pineapple head on the squash? I love that stuff for grilling sweet potatoes, but I've never tried it on any other veggies.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Kenny 13 wrote:
Looks great! How was the pineapple head on the squash? I love that stuff for grilling sweet potatoes, but I've never tried it on any other veggies.

I love the Pineapple Head period so I think it's great on anything. I've used it on squash and zuchinni and it was fantastic. I even used it on Chicken Boobs! I'm addicted to that stuff!

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

EddieK1376 wrote:
Kenny 13 wrote:

I love the Pineapple Head period so I think it's great on anything. I've used it on squash and zuchinni and it was fantastic. I even used it on Chicken Boobs! I'm addicted to that stuff!

One of my favorite side dishes from the grill, I take skin-on sweet potatoes and cut them into slices about 1/4" thick, brush with a very light coat of canola oil, and dust with pineapple head. Direct grill on the egg around 375-400° for about 4 minutes per side, they come out awesome. Also like to just take whole sweet potatoes and rub the outside with with a little olive oil and bake them in the egg at 400° for about an hour, depending on size, then slice them open lengthwise and add a little butter & pineapple head. More good stuff there!
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Crazy good looking meal and pictures.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion