Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Eating the Enemy on Animal Planet - Set your DVR's!

Eating the Enemy on Animal Planet - Set your DVR's!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
tex_toby well done
well done

A few months ago, Animal Planet came to town to do some filming for a new show coming out on Animal Planet called Eating the Enemy. They initially contacted my buddy Mike who is a professional hog hunter. They asked him if he knew any bbq'ers in the area, so he called me. I have a face made for radio, so I set Animal Planet up with my buddy Todd and his wife. TV Personality "Stretch" is the face of the show. Stretch has been in a variety of other shows on TV and is the owner of Grinders in Kansas City. They came to film some hog hunting and my buddy Todd doing some bbq'ing. Just got word today that the show is going to air Dec 27th. Anyhow, I was there for all of the bbq filming. I stayed out of the way most of the time, but there could be a scene or two I show up in. I don't know if I made the cut or not. :) Anyways, set your DVR's! There are supposedly three segments on the show. BBQ, hog hunting and a chili guy. I'm friends with everybody but the chili guy - don't know who he is. I think they went to Ft Worth to film him.

Set your DVR's!

Stretch

Me and Stretch

Demo of my friend Todd showing Stretch how to make a crocodile egg

Gathered around the table

A little pistol shooting afterwards

20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

jstewart well done
well done

How cool is that???? Thanks for letting us know, I'll be looking for the show on the 27th!!!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Neat stuff, Tex...maybe this'll be your big break!

Does the Corvette actually tow the smoker or does it just look like it?

And you need to caption that last photo. :twisted:

tex_toby well done
well done

The corvette does not tow the smoker - but it looked cool in front of it. 8)

The last pic was just a little Texas eye candy. Here is a front view with my buddy Marc.

tex_toby well done
well done

Just a reminder - this comes on tonight on Animal Planet at 10:30PM CST! :D

tex_toby well done
well done

Well, I had about 1/2 of 1 second of fame in the background, out of focus. :lol: I had to actually rewind it and re-watch before I caught a glimpse of myself. It was really fun to watch my friends Todd & Lulu in the crocodile egg portion and also my friends Mike, David & Garrett in the hog hunting segment. I also enjoyed seeing my small hometown featured on national TV and also the Cackle & Oink. It was a neat experience to watch the filming first hand and to see what all happens on site when these shows are being put together. It was an all day event just for the bbq segment.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's too bad you didn't get a little more air time but at least you still got to see a side of a TV cooking show that many people don't. I thought it was neat that for the final season of Primal Grill there was some "behind the scenes" footage in every episode.

Return to General Discussion