Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Get or give any barbecue gifts?

Get or give any barbecue gifts?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So how'd everyone do in the barbecue and grill-related gift department this year?

One of my kids gave me a copy of Barbecue Road Trip; I haven't opened it yet but it looks interesting. And thankfully no one gave me any barbecue or hot sauces as I still have plenty left from previous Christmases! :lol:

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:36 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Not entirely BBQ related (although I know I'll work this into making beans and other sides somehow) but Mrs. Scorch got me a pressure cooker. I've been wanting one for a long time.
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 am
BBQ Deputy

I've been thinking about a pressure cooker, too, but have yet to take the plunge and buy one. I don't have enough room for my pots and pans as it is! :lol:

And I can't believe I forgot to mention it :oops: , but my wife gave me a copy of Steven's Miami Spice.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:44 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nah - all I got was a couple bags of bamboo skewers because I go through them a lot.

But that's OK because I really needed a few tools for the workshop and I got those instead. So even though it's -26°C right now I'm still about to go out to the shop to play with them - especially the scroll saw and biscuit joiner. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:06 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Thankfully no sauce or spices, I have way to many. I did get an adjustable rig for my egg from the ceramic grill store, and electric slicer and a 5#lb vertical sausage stuffer. Looking forward to making more sausage. After the last batch using my grinder as a stuffer I gave up and said no more till I get a dedicated stuffer.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 pm
BBQ Deputy

Those are some nice gifts, Griffin! You'll definitely like the slicer.

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

.357 Magnum...............

Maybe I will shoot something to put on the grill :wink:

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm
jstewart well done
well done

A little late to answer, but here is what I received (in addition to some rubs/spices for fish). My younger son had asked for suggestions with the caveat that "I'm not very helpful sometimes." Well, in this case, he came through :D

I've been looking forward to something I can use for grilling veggies without losing any of them. I'm also interested to see how the kabob set works when it comes to turning them over.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 am
BBQ Deputy

You'll like the basket...I use mine for pretty much any vegetables I grill. I'm surprised you hadn't acquired one until now!

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Yeah, I'm a little late too (been really busy so I haven't been around much) but I got a pretty nice little Jack Daniels gift set with their pork rub, oak barrel chips, & apron. I also got for myself some new Wusthof knives (chef's knife, carving knife, bread knife, & paring knife) and a John Boos cutting board (the BBQ board, reversible with the "juice channel" around the edges on one side).
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Return to General Discussion