Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork loin roast suggestions?

Pork loin roast suggestions?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:06 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Today I picked up a 5-bone center cut pork loin roast that weighs about 3-1/3 pounds. It has a little bit of a fat cap but it doesn't cover the whole top of the roast.

Any ideas for cooking it? I'm thinking that on the rotisserie with some apple smoke would be nice but am open to suggestions as this is my first loin roast. Thanks!

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:10 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

I would brine it if you have time. I like to stud mine with rosemary and garlic. You can make a paste or stud with whole cloves and sprigs. The rotis is an excellent idea to roast it.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:47 pm
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! I'll give that some thought; at the very least I'll salt it well ahead of time (dry brine).

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:48 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

For something different I've butterflied it, stuffed it with tapenade and re-rolled it (tied off). For something even more festive, try dried apricots, figs or prunes.
Wood Fired Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:21 pm
BBQ Deputy

I agree; tapenade makes a great stuffing for a pork roast! The fruit sounds interesting, too.

I wound up giving it a hefty dose of salt and mixing a quick paste of garlic, pepper, dried herbs, and olive oil. It's been sitting in the fridge since yesterday and I'll be firing up the grill before too long...after "Hawaii Five-O" is over. :lol:

Return to General Discussion