Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Simple Healthy Weeknight Cook

Simple Healthy Weeknight Cook

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am
Griffin well done
well done

Was trying to keep it healthy last night. And simple. And not have to go to the store. Grilled chicken breasts, Roasted Cauliflower and a salad. And some liquid lubricant of the brown variety to help it go down. ;)

Started off by firing up the Mini, flattened some chicken breasts and seasoned them down with some CanCooker All Purpose Seasoning that I got at the Plano Fest. I'm not sure what the CanCooker is, but I thought I'd give their seasoning a try.

While the Mini was warming up, I started prepping some cauliflower for a roasted cauliflower recipe. I've heard that cauliflower has all kinds of things and stuff that are good for you. I need all of that I can get.

I hate winter. I can't get a decent shot of things on the Egg at night. Maybe I should hate myself for not figuring out how to photo things better.

Served it up with the cauliflower and a salad. Healthy, huh?

The chicken turned out to be a bit too salty. Guess I was a little heavy handed with the seasoning. What surprised me, though, was that the cauliflower was the star of the show. I've never been a big fan of cauliflower, but this stuff was good. I even went back for seconds. And packed some for lunch today.

So, now that I've had good cauliflower, I'm more interested in it. Anybody have a good recipe for grilling it up?

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Mmmmm...cauliflower! When I do it in a grill basket I like to keep it simple with just some oil and salt and pepper, whereas with broccoli I like to occasionally add sesame, soy, or garlic. Mushrooms make a nice filler, too. And though it's not grilling, pasta sauce with cauliflower in place of pasta is pretty good.

I don't much care for chicken breasts unless they've been flattened a bit to be more uniform. They cook up faster and seem less likely to dry out, but I agree that a light touch with the seasoning is necessary.

Return to General Discussion