Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lucy likes bacon

Lucy likes bacon

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last week I had an itch to make some jucy lucys so I started with some Muenster cheese I had in the fridge.

A good way to keep the cheese inside is to wrap it in 2 layers of ground beef but I had the idea to put some bacon around it first.
Image Image Image

And since I'd already put some bacon between the cheese and the beef I thought I might as well put some between the 2 layers of hamburger.
Image Image

Just 'cause there's cheese inside doesn't mean there can't be cheese on top, right?

I cooked the burgers (85/15 beef) over indirect medium heat for about 20-25 minutes and then finished them over the coals. Most of the cheese stayed inside but a little did try to escape.

The final results. I did get just a hint of a smoke ring and the bacon added a nice touch of smoke and salt while helping to keep the burger moist. They were hardly any more work to make than a regular jucy lucy and I'd definitely cook them again.

Brad

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:56 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

That’s some cheesy bacony goodness you got there :)
The burgers look and sound soooooooo good!!

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:41 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Good Lord, I had to pop a Lipitor just looking at the pictures. Great stuff - and at a leaner 85/15 you made up for it in spades...
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Return to General Discussion