Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steak with Béarnaise Sauce, Tarragon Basamic Roasted Potatoe

Steak with Béarnaise Sauce, Tarragon Basamic Roasted Potatoe

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Alright, so it's been awhile since I've posted because well I haven't cooked anything spectacular lately! But tonight dinner was fantastic. We got one of these preseasoned steakhouse marinaded rib filet steak packages. About 3 lbs. or so. They come in 3 individual cuts and I cooked them a little pat the temp cause well I couldn't see outside at all since it was pitch black. I'd say they came out closer to medium plus than medium rare but overall it was a great meal.

Steaks on the Egg at 400.

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Here is my beautiful 7 year old daughter helping out stir the mushrooms and onions and the butter/tarragon/shallot mixture in the other...She was impressed she was doing 2 things at once

Steak with some Béarnaise Sauce.....It's easy to make and just so good...Granted I could drink the stuff but man....

Full plated picture of the corn, mushrooms, onions, roasted potatoes and steak

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great meal, Eddie - outstanding grill marks! It's nice to have a helper sometimes, isn't it!

Many years ago I worked in a restaurant and bearnaise was one of the sauce options, but I remember it being relatively smooth. If you had processed it with a blender would it still be considered bearnaise?

I see your location is still listed as Noblesville...are you planning on returning or was the move to the Chicago area a fairly permanent thing?

EddieK1376 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Great meal, Eddie - outstanding grill marks! It's nice to have a helper sometimes, isn't it!

Many years ago I worked in a restaurant and bearnaise was one of the sauce options, but I remember it being relatively smooth. If you had processed it with a blender would it still be considered bearnaise?

I see your location is still listed as Noblesville...are you planning on returning or was the move to the Chicago area a fairly permanent thing?

I'm not sure if you processed it with a blender....We just used a double boiler and strained out the shallots and tarragon for some of the initial sauce...The sauce was outstanding and so creamy!

Yeah I haven't changed my location yet....We will be moving up north as my wifes store is right on the border of Wisconsin/Illinois and we just are not happy with our current location for schools. So we will be looking anywhere from Gurnee north to Milwaukee burbs. Then after about a year or so we will either be relocating to Florida or Ohio (corporate for my wife) So we shall see where the future takes us :)

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

OK, I see what happened - I misunderstood your original post and thought that the onions were part of the sauce. I see now that they weren't and the sauce was smooth like I expected. I should make some bearnaise sometime.

Good luck with your plans!

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Bravo, sir!!!:)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion