Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stuffed pork chops

Stuffed pork chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Over the weekend I was in the store and found a couple of pork chops that'd been stuffed vertically instead of horizontally, as if the loin had been butterflied, stuffed, rolled, and then sliced, so last night I seasoned them with fine sea salt and fresh pepper and then rubbed them with a little olive oil. To cook I seared them for 3-4 minutes per side over Duraflame briquettes and them let them finish indirect while I cooked the vegetables direct.

The chops turned out much better than the horizontally-stuffed ones I've tried to grill in the past. The meat was done all the way through and the stuffing (just regular Brownberry/Pepperidge Farm cubes) on the outside got a nice crust and picked up some flavor from the charcoal.

Since I started a fresh roll of film I'll add photos after it gets exposed and processed. :lol:

Brad

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Sounds mmmmm... good. Looking forward to the pix, Brad. You know, I might as well join you and break out my old Nikon film camera,... my new one seems to be lost in shipping :(
Got beer???

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am
BBQ Deputy

Uh-oh...I hope you have a tracking number!

I don't know why I didn't think of it before but the word I should've used to describe the chops was "pinwheels". Gives a much better visualization!

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Uh-oh...I hope you have a tracking number!

I don't know why I didn't think of it before but the word I should've used to describe the chops was "pinwheels". Gives a much better visualization!

I know pinwheels... that sounds creative, as well as tricky. I also remember a person who ate the pinwheel desserts just about every day. And uh-huh... I tracked it, freaked out, and the retailer looked into the matter and discovered it had vanished from the system. Evidently, someone wanted that camera more than I, and at a five-fingered discount.
Got beer???

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:47 pm
harry_canyon well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
<snip>...film...

Isn't that something that develops on gravy? <ducks>

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 pm
BBQ Deputy

It's also something that's often seen at 11! :lol:

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 pm
BBQ Deputy

Return to General Discussion