Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Game 2 Meal with the Pulled Chuck

Game 2 Meal with the Pulled Chuck

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I was stuck... I wanted to set down to dinner for game 2 of the World Series using my pulled Chuck. But I did not want to miss game time going through all the steps of making tacos the way I normally do. So I decided I was going to prep ahead except for a last minute blast from the nuclear incinerator. This called for more of a soft taco, or rather, burrito type approach.

First I'd like to show you the hot sauces I use for this application. I believe different sauces shine through in different recipes. The Guacamaya "authentic" hot sauce is my go to for adding to hard shell tacos. The Guacamaya "habanera" is for setting a scorching heat on the meat, and the Pico Pica is wonderful for adding more flavor into burritos. So much for specialty sauces. Here they are.

Now I've got to prep the Chuck meat. So I break out the habanera and mix that along with some carne asada seasoning into the meat. That just floats my boat, I so enjoy it that way!

Then I have to prep the sides (i.e. "taco stuffings", if you will)--shredded Romaine, cilantro, tomato, cheddar cheese, and avocado. Those are homemade refried black beans you see in the middle.

Next step is to start rolling the burritos. A few fresh, crisp onions are added for good measure.

There, all I need to do now is nuke the burritos and beans (separately of course), return those to the salad plate, and I'm good to go. I can do all the "taco mixing" in my mouth. I had a touch of sour cream as well. Great for managing flare-ups, if you know what I mean. I've got to tell you this was a seriously delicious meal. :D

Last edited by beercuer on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got beer???

scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Looks awesome. The game started at 5 - you must have gotten an early start on the prep (I usually get home durring the 4th inning)! Oh and... Sorry about your Dodgers... :P
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thankz Scorched Porch! I have some flexibility in my scheduling.

Oh and... Sorry about your Dodgers...

Ouch!-- I'm not gonna go there.
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great job, BC! Perfect food for camping out in front of the tube!

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:39 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yessir!!!! I actually had some improvised Carne Asada last night for dinner. Great minds think alike! ;). Looks killer, BC! I still need to make my own black beans. Yours look delicious.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:03 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you so much, Brad and Dyal!

Perfect food for camping out in front of the tube!

I so like that expression. :lol:

Dyal-- It seems countless the times you and I have eaten similarly. How mysterious! Oh, you'll be glad when you make your black beans. And, they are even one of the most nutritious foods one can eat. For me, the best tasting black beans are made with chicken stock rather than just water. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:30 pm
jsperk well done
well done

I'll take a plate. Great job.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion