Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How are you wrapping up the week?

How are you wrapping up the week?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

7:19 until the weekend officially starts for me...who's got stuff going on? I'm cooking for just one until Monday so I'm really not too sure what I'll tackle, and I'll probably check out a restaurant or two in the next couple of days. Fish fry's sounding pretty good but I also like the idea of a nice big steak...

Brad

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 am
toyman medium
medium

I have 3 dough balls rising right now for pizza tonite. They will be 1) red (homemade sauce & mozz), 2) eggplant (baked first with evoo, garlic & rosemary) and 3) spinach & feta. Tomorrow will start with a 7:30 pheasant hunt with a few buddy's and our dog's. Hopefully I'll have a few to put on the egg Saturday evening. Sunday is football. Leaving for Heinz Field in the morning and will be home in time to watch the pregame for Sunday Night Football.
Large Big Green Egg
JennAir NG 3 burner
Wood Fired Oven
Ultra Sear Grill
Weber Silver B

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am
Griffin well done
well done

5hrs and 50 minutes to go. Not sure what we've got going on. Might cook something on the Mini Egg tonight, but got a Halloween party to go to tomorrow night so probably no cooking. Trying to think of something interesting and different to cook tonight.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Well, I'm in good company with you guys then, as I look to have tuna fish sandwiches tonight and maybe a meatball pizza sometime this weekend. :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I guess I'm bucking the trend......with my son home for the weekend, I've decided on some beef ribs, baby backs, and finally settled on trying some country style ribs low and slow (beercuer's suggestion :D ). Only real challenge is going to be the Santa Ana winds (for those of you outside of southern California, these are warm sustained winds out of the north at about 20-40 mph or so) which means I'll be putting up a tarp to shield the CG.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:24 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

jstewart wrote:
I guess I'm bucking the trend......with my son home for the weekend, I've decided on some beef ribs, baby backs, and finally settled on trying some country style ribs low and slow (beercuer's suggestion :D ). Only real challenge is going to be the Santa Ana winds (for those of you outside of southern California, these are warm sustained winds out of the north at about 20-40 mph or so) which means I'll be putting up a tarp to shield the CG.

I'm with you, Jimmy! Talk about kite flying weather. I'm looking to do meatballs and pizza today. It'll be fun though. I wish you the best of times! :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:45 pm
jstewart well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
I'm with you, Jimmy! Talk about kite flying weather. I'm looking to do meatballs and pizza today. It'll be fun though. I wish you the best of times! :D

The winds have subsided a bit to where you could actually fly a kite!!!!! I still put up a tarp and am waiting for the CG to get up to temp so I can put the ribs on.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Return to General Discussion